L.B. Foster Company, a 110 year old American corporation, is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets. We have recently been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record. The corporation owns divisions and subsidiaries that supply products to industries requiring rail and rail accessories; sheet, pipe and H piling; bridge decking and highway products; precast concrete buildings; and threaded and coated pipe. L.B. Foster markets its products worldwide.
At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our work force and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
This is a temporary position lasting 4-6 months.
The Programmer will be responsible for taking project requirements and converting the requirements into code. The position will support plant activities related to creating automated forms by writing java script. The position will be responsible for creating and modifying programs to move and model data into reports.
• Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with QC manager, and client.
• Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
• Encodes project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language.
• Programs the computer by entering coded information.
• Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
• Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
• Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
• Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Skills, Experience and Education:
• Proficient in web technologies such as JSON, XML, and HTTP and comfortable with GET, PUT, POST, and DELETE functions
• Microsoft SQL
• Java Script
• C, C+, or C Sharp (For RFID readers )
• Linnus or My SQL
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.lbfosterjobs.com
LB Foster - 7 months ago
L..B. Foster supplies transportation, construction, utility, energy, recreation and agriculture markets with the materials necessary to...