NOTE: This position will work in our regional office in Charlotte, North Carolina or our corporate offices in Charleston, West Virginia.
The Programmer Analyst performs computer programming work in the designing and writing of new and/or modifying existing computer programs using established procedures and working under immediate supervision. Codes application programs and prepares documentation of work produced. The Programmer Analyst researches documentation to learn the location of file layouts and codes programs of moderate complexity such as extracting data using logical keys. This position may perform limited system analysis and design functions and may assist more senior Programmer Analysts in systems analysis of large, more complex systems.
The items listed are essential functions of the position unless otherwise stated.
1. Writes new programs or modifies existing programs of low to moderate complexity;
Designs flow charts
Codes logic flow into appropriate language
Conducts test runs
Debugs program from test results
2. Performs routine duties such as:
Maintaining program documentation
Updating technical manuals
3. Assists in the analysis of user work processes and systems to help determine appropriate Information Technology application solution.
4. Communicates with users to resolve production problems, define specifications and test results.
5. Trains users on developed applications and other technology tools.
6. Conducts needs assessments.
7. Develops conceptual designs and program specifications
8. Design methods for controlling access to secure information.
9. Ensures systems are installed to meet the requirements of the corporation.
10. Ensures accuracy and quality of data input and data output.
11. Nonessential function: other duties as assigned.
Knows and understands fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of programming.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Ability to communicate with technical and business unit personnel.
Familiarity with all aspects of data processing and management information systems and interrelations.
Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
Recognizes processing/programming inefficiencies and recommends improvements.
Executes assigned project tasks within established schedule.
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in computer science or related field.
OR Associates Degree in computer science or related field and 2 years experience with Workers’ Compensation/Insurance technology or paid experience in programming, system design and analysis work with multiple data base languages.
Technical experience & skills in SQR, SQL, Business Objects and ORACLE strongly desired.
Business experience in insurance claims or policy administration preferred.
Experience with C#, ASP.net 3.5 and Microsoft Silverlight 3 preferred.
Applications must be received by 5 PM Friday, November 22, 2013.