Identify all aspects of the assigned request, gather detailed business requirements from system users, and evaluate these requirements in terms of the capabilities of the available architecture.
- Continually search for opportunities to better meet business needs through new software and technologies.
- Develop documentation which outlines the logical steps to be followed in solving the problem.
- Prepare system specifications including input and output formats and flowcharts.
- Prepare time and cost estimates for assigned tasks/projects.
- Write, debug, test, document, maintain and support programs and interfaces with other systems.
- Interface with functional experts to ensure solution design and integrity.
- Coordinate with other members of the IT. organization, users and software suppliers to understand and maintain software applications and interfaces.
- Participate in research and evaluation of third-party software solutions.
- Lead IT or other team projects and/or activities.
- Provide assistance and backup to the System Administrator. Example tasks may be:
- Monitor new jobs in production
- Manage System Back-up Process.
- Perform security administration
- Provide phone support to users during office hours and coordinate issues with Network
- Administrator & Help Desk.
- Occasionally provide 24/7 on-call assistance to users and for system maintenance.
Attend and participate in departmental meetings.
- Participate in special projects or perform other tasks as identified by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be familiar with Object Oriented programming techniques and technologies. Knowledge of RPG and IBM OS/400 operating system a plus. SQL, VB, HTML, XML, ASP, EDI experience preferred. Excellent PC skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to use the Internet to research data and information as required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrate attention to detail
Ability to identify and resolve problems
Comprehension of complex business processes
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Strong analysis skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
Ability to manage time effectively to complete work in a timely manner
Follow through/follow up skills
Ability to work in a frequently changing environment
Willingness to work extended hours, possibly including weekends, when necessary to meet deadlines
Team building skills
JobServe USA - 18 months ago