Programs, evaluates, analyzes, designs, installs and maintains St. Luke’s Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS). Ensures that St. Luke’s values are reflected in all operations. Provides customer service to Directors, Managers, and employees in order to support St. Luke’s mission values and goals.
System Administration: 80%
There are 2 HRIS systems, McKesson STAR and Lawson, along with the Sterling Applicant Tracking System.
• Programs Lawson/LBI database including changes to update system security, creating dashboards, smart notifications, and benefits changes, including use of SQL programming language, Crystal, Query builder, Add Ins, Microsoft Query
• Designs, programs and maintains Lawson Management Self Service and Employee Self Service systems workflow and functionality
• Works with HRIS Analyst for assist with programming support for quality improvement and assessments for Lawson for current and future system functionality
• Works closely with HRIS Analyst, HRIS Manager, IS staff, and Lawson Consultants to provide seamless system support and process improvement
• Coordinates requests for Sterling tracking system reports, generates reports and works with Sterling on enhancements to programming needs
• Coordinates all enhancements/upgrades to HRIS system with HR team, IS, and payroll
• Responsible for testing and monitoring system functionality
• Investigates and resolves system issues which are brought forward by users, QA reports, or other sources
• Works with HR team, IS, and Lawson consultants/support to maintain system integrity and process improvement
• Identifies needed changes to interface and works with IS to implement and test
• Works with HR team, IS, and payroll to implement new applications and upgrade/enhance existing applications
• Monitors system performance to maintain accuracy and data integrity
• Coordinates project team members and tracks progress toward completion of new applications/system changes
• Responsible for updating and maintaining tables in STAR and Lawson to ensure both systems remain in sync
• Work independently to complete programming changes and work well in team coordination for systems changes, projects, and HRIS project activity
• Develops and coordinates reporting and documentation of HR data for senior staff, HR department, and external departments
• Designs reports for end users using Crystal, Query Builder, Add-ins, Microsoft Query, etc.
• Monitors and improves data collection and reporting procedures for accuracy and completeness
• Makes modifications to existing programs to gather and report data to meet the needs of the HR department and the organization
• Serves as HR liaison for STAR STI moves to ensure that system integrity is not compromised
• Serves on Operations Committee to ensure system functionality and requests for changes are coordinated between HR and Finance
• Participates on HRIS Committee to plan, implement, and track progress of projects assigned
• Provides documentation/instructions for end users
• Provides end user support via training, research, and resolution of issues
• Provides coverage for HRISfunctions, as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
Demonstrated knowledge of programming and support of HR systems is essential (preferably in health care).
Ability to analyze current system, troubleshoot for needed changes, and recommend actions necessary.
Must be self motivated based on programming knowledge and understand how to access learning tools to implement systems changes accurately and within time constraints is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Information Systems, or related field required.
Employee is required to sit frequently and stand and walk occasionally. Employee must lift/carry light loads (20 pounds maximum) occasionally. Employee is required to bend, squat, walk and lift floor to waist occasionally; reach forward and overhead frequently and to sit continuously. For repetitive action, employee is required to use one hand for simple grasping, pushing/pulling and both hands for fine manipulation. Employee is occasionally exposed to electrical hazards and CRT terminal work. Employee is not exposed to blood borne pathogens.
(Occasionally: 1-33%, Frequently: 34-66%, Continuously: 67-100%)
The most significant of duties are included but this does not exclude occasional work assignments not mentioned or developmental duties.
Member of Human Resources Department who the HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) platform and maintenance of data.
Takes direction from: Vice President of Human Resources, Asst.
Director of Human Resources, and Manager of Human Resources
Provides direction and support to: HR database users and IS staff
Supervised by: Manager, Human Resources
Mission: Faithful to our Episcopal-Presbyterian heritage and its ministry of healing, St. Luke’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health of the community. Using talents and resources responsibly, our medical staff, employees and volunteers provide care for the whole person with compassion, professional excellence, and respect for each other and those we serve.
Core Values: Human Dignity, Compassion, Justice, Excellence, and Stewardship.
Human Dignity: We accept and treat all persons as being created in the image of God.
Compassion: We respond with caring to the needs of others as if they were members of our family.
Justice: We honor each person’s rights and responsibilities in light of the common good.
Excellence: We set and strive to attain high standards of performance and continuous improvement.
Stewardship: We use our talents and resources wisely, with honesty and integrity.
FACES – Friendly – Available – Caring – Efficient – Safe
Communication Standards: Promotes and provides courteous and effective communication with internal and external customers.
At St. Luke's, each and every day, we put into practice our values:
We accept and treat all persons as being created in...