The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of Stony Brook University’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It includes Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 597 beds, SBUH is the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center. We are home of the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. At Stony Brook Medicine, we put the power of ideas to work. Join our team at Stony Brook Medicine – the best ideas in medicine.
Descriptive Title: Programmer Analyst
Budget Title: same as above
State Professional Position
Department: Client Support
State Line#: 17694
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Qualifications: Associates degree in computer related field. Three to five years' experience in IT support, and excellent communication/organizational skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelors degree in computer related field, project management experience, and previous experience working in a Health Care facility.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Install, repair, service, and PM hospital IT hardware and software in the UHMC Domain, PCs, printers, peripherals, servers, OS, and network applications.
- Diagnose issues with OS, security configurations, and hardware configurations.
- Works with fellow technicians, help desk personnel and end users as needed to resolve issues and tasks assigned.
- Participation in IT Projects and provides knowledge transfer and status updates to team and management.
- Provide updates to management and technical guidance to and documentation to coworkers.
- Provide insight and testing on new hardware and software that the organization may use in the future.
Special Notes: Shift: Full-time Day Position 830am-5pm. Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete preemployment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University
- 2 years ago - save job