Builds and codes applications and/or modules using languages such as C++, Visual Basic, ABAP, Java, XTML, etc. Provides patches and upgrades to existing systems. May design graphical user interfaces (GUI) to meet the specific needs of users. Prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. May build add-on modules using application program language. Among other functions, the programmer will support the Innovision Laboratory Environment to rewrite or wrap developed applications to work in the Ozone Widget Framework (Google Gadgets) environment. The analyst will help determine candidate applications for migration, code, and test widgets for public use and work within the NGA “data Cloud” environment as required.
- MS in computer science or other relevant field or additional commensurate experience (10 years experience with no degree, BA/BS plus 3 years with no masters degree; diploma plus 7 years equates to BS/BA degree)
- 9 years experience as a computer programmer or analyst in addition to the time required above – e.g. 19 years total experience required for an individual with no degree)
- Proficient with programming languages such as C++, Visual Basic, ABAP, Java, XTML, etc.
- Proficient with writing applications to operate in the Ozone Widget Framework (Google Gadgets) Environment
- Proficient with MS Office Professional applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with IC and NGA data environment
EOIR Technologies - 19 months ago