Performs a wide variety of programming duties to design, develop, document and implement applications that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of operations throughout the company. Ensure the effectiveness of overall systems performance. Define functionality for system improvements and new applications. Manages or leads various phases of the development and maintenance of approved projects. Works with end users to understand and assist them in addressing business and operational issues and problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
1. Perform problem analysis and preparation of programming specifications, including flowcharts.
2. Assist in the selection and implementation of technical architecture of assigned projects.
3. Write programs to meet user specifications, client needs and fulfill contractual requirements.
4. Test and debug programs for accuracy and completeness.
5. Work with support and documentation groups to provide technical and user training and manuals for new systems and major system enhancements.
6. Maintain functional operation of assigned production systems. Analyze, review and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency.
7. Investigate replacing current systems with new systems and analyze the adaptability of current operations.
8. Interact with users through various phases of design, implementation and maintenance.
9. Evaluate request for programming and provide timetables for completion. Monitor all projects and provide periodic status reports.
10. Plan, develop and implement systems security throughout information services systems.
11. Assist in establishing and maintaining update protocols for company applications.
12. Prepare monthly reports and/or statistics as directed.
13. Adhere to format, content and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency and quality.
14. Communicate effectively with internal and external clients.
15. Follow AFMC, state and federal protocols regarding data confidentiality/security and HIPAA compliance.
16. Additional duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices) :
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, ability to remain calm under stress and ability to travel. Must be capable of performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Required : Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field 
Desirable : Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Required : Two (2) years experience with application development and project management, specific experience with one or more of the following dependent on position:
MS SQL Server
Have practical experience with encryption security protocols necessary to meet HIPAA computer application security requirements, knowledge of personal computer software and hardware
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
Advanced skill level with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Type 40 wpm
Capability to work extended hours on a periodic basis as the workload dictates
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines
Attention to detail
Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals
Ability to relate professionally and positively with staff, business partners, customers, constituents, recipients and the public
Ability to multitask
Ability to prioritize
Strong organizational skills
Problem solving skills
Project management skills
Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations
Time management skills
Ability to work overtime as needed
Regular and punctual attendance
 Three (3) years work experience in related field may be substituted for the Associate’s degree. If work experience is substituted it is in addition to stated work experience requirements.
Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care - 12 months ago
For those seeking medical salvation, Baptist Health may be the answer to their prayers. The organization provides health services through...