The Programmer Analyst’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- This position reports to the Manager of Application Development or Manager of Application Sustain.
- There are no direct reports to this position.
- Education: BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: A minimum of nine years experience desired in a programming environment. Programming skills in languages and frameworks such as .NET, MVC, JEE, C#, HTML, ASP, and SQL Server required. Additionally, experience with ETL processes is required.
- Proficient with technologies used at Diplomat and introduction of other technologies into the team.
- Source Control
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Agile software development methodology
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Should be organized and able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Possess excellent communication skills, a positive work attitude, and willingness to learn and grow in the position.
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to multi-task.
- Be able to work well with various personalities and work as a team.
- Walking, sitting, standing, kneeling, crouching, stooping, and capable of lifting 35 pounds.
- Basic math skills
- Computer aptitude
- Adaptable to changing requirements
- Passionate about coding
- Fluency in English with outgoing personality that translates to phone skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Other Technology: Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio, Access
A climate controlled office environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writes, reviews, and modifies code for software applications.
- Able to run appropriate tests to determine the accuracy of the program logic to produce desired results; debugs and revises code based on test results.
- Lead design discussions.
- Demonstrate effective and professional communication with stakeholders.
- Hold other team members accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Develop, enhance and enforce adherence to coding and documentation standards.
- Participate in software releases, and system upgrades.
- Understanding of pharmacy business strategy and how that relates to software solutions.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned.