To support ongoing continous improvement of safe and efficient production by creating and maintaining CNC programs and documentation required to produce superior quality products. This objective is fundamental in achieving the Arthrex mission of helping surgeons treat patients better and contribute to safe and successful patient outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. As part of the Continuous Improvement team, apply knowledge of machining characteristics to achieve improved efficiency, including machine and material utilization.
2. Support focused Continuous Improvement project work as directed by the Supervisor – Process Engineering.
3. Coordinate programming changes with the Manufacturing Engineering and Quality departments per company policy and practice.
4. Apply knowledge of machining characteristics to a variety of materials, in both hardened and non-hardened states including (but, not limited to) Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Titanium, and Medical grade plastics such as PEEK.
5. Enhance, improve, develop and maintain CNC Programs as needed to improve the performance of Swiss-style, Mill, Lathe, EDM, Laser Marking and Laser Welding equipment.
6. Develop and maintain Tool Data Sheets as needed for Swiss-style, Mill, Lathe, EDM, Laser Marking and Laser Welding equipment.
7. Develop and maintain Setup Instructions as needed for Swiss-style, Mill, Lathe, EDM, Laser Marking and Laser Welding equipment.
8. Work with all related CAD, CAM and ancillary software programs utilizing intermediate to advanced knowledge while training towards full working knowledge.
9. Work with Operations management, line personnel, and Manufacturing Engineers to develop production strategies by assisting in the selection of cutting tools and work holding fixtures.
10. Work with Operations management, line personnel, and Manufacturing Engineers to develop fabrication strategies by assisting in identifying sequence of operations and recommending specific production equipment.
11. Occasionally, work with Manufacturing Engineers to estimate programming, setup, and run times for quoting purposes.
12. Identify and drive cost reduction projects through the utilization of Lean Manufacturing principles by increasing automation, and reducing manual as well as production steps where possible.
13. Occasionally set-up and operate machinery during trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings to programmed control data ensuring functionality and performance.
14. Frequently act as liaison with shop floor personnel to improve Tool Data Sheets and Setup Instructions in order to obtain feedback leading to process improvement as well as increase production efficiency.
15. Occasionally train or assist shop floor personnel in the use of programmable equipment and in the resolution of problems per processing requirements based on daily job assignments.
16. Occasionally edit existing CNC programming code, per established company procedures in order to prevent line stoppage.
17. Occasionally participate in Multi-level Tool Life Studies.
18. Maintain compliance by executing internal policies, procedures and all related paperwork under ISO/FDA guidelines.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Will require Saturday rotation.
Education and Experience:
3-5 years experience in automated manufacturing environment. Intermediate to advanced CNC programming experience. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training: Good mechanical aptitude. Ability to read and understand raw CNC programming code. General knowledge of drafting concepts. Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T). Intermediate knowledge of Quality Control inspection techniques.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Experience with setting up and operating multi-axis CNC equipment. Experience with processing a variety of metallic and non-metallic materials.
Arthrex - 17 months ago