This is a "Project position" function designed to support the project work currently in DP&C for a duration of 4 to 5 years in duration (defined employment start and termination date). Which carries certain Benefit Limitations (i.e., no separation benefits). Director Level approval and waiver will be required to bid on other PSEG opportunities and incumbent will not be able to bid on any new opportunities until the last 12 months of the defined employment assignment.
Coordinate the general oversight, scheduling and training of 20-45 Contractor Safety Watchers assigned to various projects across the state. Experienced in various phases of safety related to large construction projects as: general industry, electrical, confined space, cranes, excavations and scaffolding. Provide site safety supervision at various construction and modification projects. Conduct substation awareness training for DP&C associates, as well as, contractors working on our sites. Act as a liaison with regards to site safety practices, and advise contractors on safety related issues. Attend pre-bid and pre-construction meetings representing safety on the Inside Plant construction projects. Conduct contractor audits and site inspections. May act as site safety coordinator on large projects. Should have OSHA 10 to 30 hrs. of training. Must be available to work overtime.
• Exhibit knowledge of computer based engineering and business applications.
• Must possess demonstrated leadership skills, professionalism and customer/client focus.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• High School diploma or better
• 3-5 years direct Construction and Safety experience supporting large major projects
• Proven record of direct supervisory experience
• 1 to 2 years Utility experience supporting Inside Plant projects for Switching or Substation
• 10 to 30 hours OSHA Supervisory Training
• Must have knowledge of excavation, OSHA Scaffold Training, OSHA Construction Safety & Health, knowledge and understanding of Lock-Out/Tag Out
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Occupational Health & Safety, Construction Management or equivalent
PSEG - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is a publicly traded (NYSE:PEG) diversified energy company headquartered in New Jersey, and one of...