First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
This position will work as part of the fast paced accounting team in First Winds corporate offices in Boston. The Project Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting responsibilities including but not limited to bank reconciliations, assisting in preparation of project monthly financials, balance sheet analysis, month-end close process and design and generate financial and analytical reports. This person will be available to work on ad hoc requests and assist the accounting team with various projects and tasks. The Project Accountant must have a strong grasp of the accounting principles.
· Company and subsidiary bank reconciliations. Assist in the preparation of the project monthly financial package.
· Produce analysis to support the understanding of the monthly financial statements.
· Conduct balance sheet analysis and reconciliation.
· Assist with month-end close process.
· Generate journal entries requiring judgment and analysis.
· Work with external auditors.
· Lead or assist with special projects in finance or accounting or other areas.
· Design and generate financial and analytical reports.
· Prepare consolidation entries.
· Perform a variety of ad hoc assignments working directly with senior management.
· Calculate, record and monitor revenues in accordance with contractual obligations related to energy production for each facility.
· Maintain the sales module (accounts receivable sub-ledger) for the portfolio.
· Maintain the fixed asset sub-ledger for the portfolio of wind farms (book & tax).
· Record the necessary month-end transactions related to project debt for the portfolio.
· Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
· 3+ years of accounting experience
· Thorough understanding of internal accounting controls
· Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, functions, practices, and procedures within the accounting function
· Exceptional PC and spreadsheet skills (essential)
· Experience with Great Plains preferred.
· Proficient in MS Office 2007/ Excel 2007.
· Experience with an Expense Management System preferred.
· Consistently meets strict deadlines.
First Wind - 17 months ago
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...