Kleinfelder | Simon Wong’s San Diego office is seeking an experience Project Administrator to support new and ongoing engineering projects.
- Assists with project and department administration and coordination as required.
- Coordinates Vice President’s calendar assists with scheduling.
- Interfaces with subconsultants on a daily basis as major point of contact for all contractual issues; interfaces with clients when project manager not available.
- Assigns new job numbers, maintains job list, creates job folders, and interfaces with accounting to open new jobs and ensure proper billing. Archives files/drawings and arranges for organized storage of files/drawings, etc.
- Prepares letters, transmittals, faxes, memos, reports, studies, proposals, specifications, tables, contracts, forms, and all other business typing as requested by division personnel.
- Edits all documents (e.g., letters, reports, meeting minutes, etc.) prior to client submittal. Files correspondence and other documents and miscellaneous items.
- Creates subconsultant agreements and issues addendums when needed; tracks subconsultant budgets.
- Reviews incoming contracts and processes appropriately; requests insurance certificates and ensure delivery to client.
- Receives all subconsultant invoices; reviews and logs same; routes to appropriate project manager for approval and to Accounting for processing.
- Reviews all invoices prior to project manager review and submittal to client.
- Creates budget tracking spreadsheets for major jobs and tracks budgets.
- Maintains rate schedule for all jobs; escalates billing rates as required.
- Maintains calendar of professional organization meetings; RSVPs for attendees and arranges for payment; updates professional development hours.
- Maintains database of reference articles.
- Assists Vice President and engineers holding board positions with various engineering professional association tasks.
- Makes travel, conference, and seminar arrangements. Assists in scheduling and confirming meetings.
- Assists Marketing Manager as needed.
- Handles administrative and reception tasks as and when required.
- Performs errands by use of own car to various locations, when necessary.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience required and 10 years related experience preferred
- Strong Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint knowledge
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with moderate supervision a must
- Able to work effectively in a team environment; ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
Education / Experience: Associates Degree required or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school required. BS degree preferred
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, and employee-ownership. Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kleinfelder - 8 months ago
The Kleinfelder Group isn't afraid to get its hands dirty. Since its start as a materials testing lab in 1961, the company has expanded...