In this position, you will be responsible to partner and support product teams that build mobile System, FW, and software stack for the Mobile and Communication Group. The scope of this support includes scheduling, risk management, requirements management, Use cases Integration tracking, Product Lifecycle management, and resource management systems and processes. You will interact with engineering managers, senior program managers, Operations teams, and senior technical leads. You will be responsible for planning, developing, deploying and maintaining program schedules, assessment and management of program risks and establishing process/tools to help standardize project management across the platform. You will also be responsible for developing metrics to track and analyze project performance in order to optimize around the critical path and to report program status. This include generating indicators and proposing alternative solutions to specific issues as they arise during project execution. You should also be in a position to summarize and up level information you present depending on the audience. You will facilitate and organize MAP planning days. Success will be dependent upon the candidate's ability to add value at the project level with processes, systems, and tools that deliver improved execution and project management efficiency.
You must possess an Advanced degree in operations and/or project management with at least three to five years of experience in software project analysis, project coordination, and/or project management. A successful completion of the PMP exam is preferred.
- Minimum of a B.S. Degree in EE, CS, IE or other comparable degree program OR a Master's Degree in EE, CS, or IE is preferred.
Additional qualifications include:
tools, Share Point tools creation and enhancements, and Requirement management and database tools (such as Contour) .
- Solid knowledge of project planning and program management processes including schedule management, risk management and requirements management
- Knowledge of product development
- Thorough understanding of Program Life Cycle processes, specifically with software
- Proven experience in planning and conducting program planning days to derive schedule
- Demonstrated proficiency in tools such as Microsoft* Project*, Microsoft* Excel*, Risk management tools, Action tracking
- Ability to work with worldwide, different Time zones teams effectively
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment with tight deadlines and time critical analysis
- Extremely detail orientated
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Self-starter that is able to achieve results without supervision
- Ability to conduct weekly schedule and risk presentations based on analysis; generate indicators and make recommendations based on data
- Ability to identify and track issues to resolution
- Experience with Agile/Scrum facilitation would be an added advantage
- Experience with TOC PM would be an added advantage
- Experience with software coding is preferred
- Formal project management training. Program Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent experience would be an added advantage
- Experience with Android* SW projects is desirable.
USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 4, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion