Leading firm in lower Manhattan seeks Project Manager/Analyst consultant, Large integrated PM Scheduling
The PM will provide support core project management support to a Project Director in a business area PMO that manages mission critical IT projects. This is a high profile role – you will liaise with senior level staff and management
- Assist in the management of a large technology project, coordinating efforts of a cross-functional team
- Plan and manages all aspect of the project including scope, execution and budget
- Evaluate and negotiate changes in scope, budget and/or schedule with the project owner and management
- Manage integrated project schedule and performs analysis to ensure that appropriate resources are allocated to the project and milestones are met and managed;
- Gather information, reviews reports and analyzes data provided by service delivery organizations.
- Monitor project risks/issues and activities to mitigate.
- Support processes to generate management reports for program/project status reporting, resource management, schedule management, project delivery performance, project budget performance.
- Prepares meeting agendas and documents meeting summary
- Tracks and performs follow up activities/actions and reports on progress.
- Assist in analysis on change requests to help determine their impact on the project.
- Assist in the development of project artifacts and maintenance of key project documentation
- Support content management of PMO project repository.
- Identify and define new processes and workflows as necessary
KEY SKILLS Requested
- Extensive understanding and experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology a must
- Strong knowledge of project management scheduling proceses and tools (WBS, Gantt, PERT)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Skilled in MS Project, Excel, Word, Power Point
- Experience in development, tracking and reporting of project management metrics
- Demonstrated aptitude in project management, project analysis and problem solving
- Professional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical information.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, process improvement and ability
- Ability to understand and explain technical subject matter.
- Experience with vendor management a plus
Large integrated PM Scheduling exp (4000+ lines) MATRIX organization experience Professional written, verbal & interpersonal communication skills
this is NOT a lead position, however; you must be able to lead when necessary
NOT IT PMO, this is business focused -you must be on business side of banking
** In-Depth background check
kindly forward a resume and your w2 rate to:
Thanks & Regards,