IPS has an immediate need for a talented Project Architect to join our industry leading Architectural team at our Morrisville, NC office.
The Project Architect will be responsible for leading various projects as assigned by the Department Director. This individual should have broad project knowledge focusing on Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and/or Laboratory design. This individual will participate in the execution of the design process including owner programming, basic design, construction documentation, and construction administration phases.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks, and work with a Project Manager to identify work scope, project budget, and resource requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes. The ability to interact with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Hazardous material containment knowledge with respect to building design pertinent to the life sciences and/or laboratory industries
- cGMP/FDA regulatory understanding with respect to “cleanroom” classifications
- Assembly of project workplans and project schedules in association with the Department Director.
- Ability to work as a leader or member of a team and with the ability to complete a project independently.
- Proven ability to manage time and budget on multiple projects of various sizes
- Effective task delegation among the project design team
- Ability and experience needed to interact with the Project Manager and Department Director to alert and coordinate project scope and schedule modifications.
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Proficient written and oral communications skills associated with BOD write-up and design presentations
- Ability to interact with in-house estimators to help determine GMPs & ROMs
- Promote use of and participate in development of company design and production standards.
- Assist in the education and development of design staff and provide self as a design resource
- Project Specification generation
- QC/QA project coordination
- Special Projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor of Architecture, NCARB certified and registration preferred
- 5+ years’ of experience and proven success as a Project Architect (a Project Architect is defined as an individual who has maintained accountability and responsibility for independent and/or team-based projects).
- 8+ years previous architectural design experience with equivalent experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and/or laboratory industries for domestic and/or international project types.
- 4+ years of Autodesk Revit drawing experience is preferred, on occasion, the Project Architect will be expected to utilize Autodesk Revit to perform project design documentation independently in order to meet both budget and schedule objectives.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over twenty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 700 professionals and offices in California, Indiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Brazil and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com .
Architectural Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters : IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.
IPS-Integrated Project Services - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
IPS - Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering,...