The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (IS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services has submitted an expression of interest for the up-coming EC-funded project “EU Technical Assistance Facility for the "Sustainable Energy for All" Initiative (SE4All)” Asia, Caribbean, Latin America and Pacific Regions.
Sustainable Energy for All is a global initiative led by the Secretary-General of the United Nations to mobilize action from all sectors of society in support of three interlinked objectives to be achieved by 2030: providing universal access to modern energy services; doubling the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency; and doubling the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
The project coordinator (m/f) will be responsible for ensuring the overall delivery of the project, and will maintain regular contact with the corresponding authorities and the relevant regional bodies. Some travel will be required to Brussels and to the partner countries.
- At least a 4 year University degree in business administration or a related discipline, a master's degree in fields related to the contract such as energy or project management would be an advantage
- At least 12 years of project management and coordination experience
- At least 3 years’ experience of project management and coordination (with project leader/manager/coordinator capacity) in development cooperation and in the energy sector
- Experience in managing multi-country technical assistance projects in energy access, renewable energy or energy efficiency will be an advantage
- Work experience of projects involving preparation and mobilisation of investments increasing access to modern and sustainable energy services in developing countries would be an advantage
- Work experience with the EU rules and procedures will be an advantage
- Experience in organising seminars and workshops
- Proven communication skills (oral and written)
- Fluency in English, oral and written
4 years, expected to start in fall 2013.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competences when you apply online. After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
We welcome job applications from people with disabilities.
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to apply until 15.08.2013.
Annette Gerda Mueller-Roth
++49 - (0)6196 - 79 - 1483