GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Project Coordinator you will be responsible for estimating, scheduling, and completing research projects that will comply with all building codes and OSHA requirements.
You will work with a diverse team including project managers, material procurement, engineers, peers, Environmental Health and Safety(EHS), research staff, FSO management, construction contractors and a unionized work force in support of project execution at the GE Global Research Niskayuna site. You will support efforts to execute on projects including work scope development, estimating, design and construction readiness.
- Establish and meet aggressive timelines for project readiness and completion.
- Provide customers with regular communications including progress updates and issue resolution.
- Shepherd project readiness and execution processes.
- Manage assigned projects.
- Work with hourly employees to meet EHS, quality and productivity goals.
- Coordinate communications between EHS, engineering, and customers to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal codes and requirements.
- Utilize quality methodologies such as Six Sigma to improve customer service by delivering cost effective solutions to meet client expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, construction or engineering field with 1 or more years in mechanical and electrical construction fields or an Associates degree in mechanical, electrical, or construction technology with 5 or more years in mechanical and electrical construction fields.
- Strong knowledge of cost estimating for maintenance and construction projects.
- At least three years industrial construction or maintenance experience.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and assembly drawings.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with or providing oversight to a unionized workforce.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Knowledge of NYS building codes, NFPA and 70E Arc Flash Requirements.
- 3 years’ experience working with or providing oversight to a unionized workforce.
- At least 3 years industrial construction or maintenance experience in electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Six Sigma Certification.
- PMP certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If your goal is to become part of a team of world-class experts from diverse technical fields who are working to redefine what’s possible, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 7 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...