United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
We are currently looking for an experienced multi disciplinary Design Manager to manage, from commencement to completion, the concept through to detailed design and documentation of two significant Healthcare projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will be located in Charlotte, NC and have proven experience of similar roles on major healthcare projects. Your multidisciplinary experience of medical projects will permit you to oversee and manage the delivery from our office in Charlotte, NC.
Reporting to the Design Policies and Principles Manager (located in Dubai) and responsible for a Consultant/Sub Consultant design team, your main responsibilities will be the on-time delivery of technically excellent and coordinated concept and schematic designs. Your duties will involve liaison and occasional travel to our Dubai and Riyadh offices.
- Manage of the planning/project control function on a large healthcare project
- Responsible for all aspects of project control on the projects, including preparation of the baseline project programme, progress reporting including earned value analysis
- Plan and implement future planning to ensure that forthcoming works is effectively communicated to the project team
- Prepare & supervise implementation of work processes and procedures
- Production of planning and project controls elements
- Provide guidance and mentoring for Planners and Graduate Planners
- Skilled negotiator and influencer
- Ability to listen and assimilate information quickly and effectively
- Self starter
- Articulate/good communicator
- Approachable and able to motivate and inspire project management team
- Attention to detail
- Seeks continuous improvement
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- Preferably a Bachelors degree in engineering, business, applied sciences or equivalent, with a minimum of 15 years relevant project experience in a planning/project control environment
- A registered PE
- Proven experience and technical competence in Healthcare design
- Practical approach to planning implementation
- Previous experience and formal training with document control (PCM) planning and earned value software packages (P6)
- Previous experience of the control of major projects (ie, PFI)
- Earned value reporting • Proven record of managing commissions to time and budget
- Management of delivery teams Desirable
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety best practices in the Middle East
- Administrative skills
- Delegation skills
- Presentation skills
Atkins - 2 years ago
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...