Project Director – Teacher Training
Seeking Dynamic Education Leaders!
TNTP seeks a full-time Project Director to lead TNTP’s Online Academy, TNTP’s emerging virtual training and development space that provides high quality training content to educators across the country. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY, and is available immediately.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national non-profit that has reimagined teaching. We believe great teaching is transformative and that teachers, more than any other factor in education, have the greatest impact on whether or not a student will succeed in school. We were founded by teachers and they are at the center of everything we do. Our mission is to end educational inequality by providing excellent teachers to students who need them most.
The New Teacher Effectiveness Group is a leading provider of talented new teachers. TNTP's rigorous training program – beginning with intensive pre-service training and culminating in state certification – prepares people without formal education backgrounds to be effective in challenging school environments. At every step, TNTP ensures that only teachers who prove their ability to raise student achievement enter and remain in the classroom.
Who We Want
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. If you’ve been pegged as a problem solver, complimented for your communication skills, and proven you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you’ll be right at home here. We’re looking for talented people who learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push themselves, their work and the people around them to the next level.
As a Project Director, you will play a critical role in TNTP's teacher development initiatives and programs by, first, leading a virtual model of TNTP’s rigorous training and certification program for new teachers that includes both online content-focused seminars and virtual coaching. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
We expect the Project Director to:
- Ensuring that Online Academy delivers high quality professional development to teachers that results in improvement in teacher performance
- Designing and developing courses and content for TNTP’s Online Academy
- Aligning Online Academy course design and content to Common Core State Standards
- Piloting new ways to incorporate online learning into current TNTP Academy programs and services
- Managing two online instructors who lead virtual sessions
- Managing course writers who develop content for online TNTP Academy sessions
- Make strategic decisions on a daily basis. You’ll use your analytical and problem solving skills to propose solutions and run with them every day. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you; just the opposite, you thrive on it. Your creative instincts will help you deal with vague situations and develop new approaches to online teacher training with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- Bring deep experience in teacher training. You have designed and led professional development for teachers and know how to move teachers from good to great. You believe in relying on practical, skills-based training strategies early in a teacher’s career, to lay a solid foundation for long-term effectiveness in the classroom.
- Love technology and online learning. You not only believe in the power of online learning platforms to transform classroom practice, you understand the unique value-add of online learning technology and advocate for smart ways to maximize its capabilities.
- Know great teaching when you see it. Whether you are watching a teacher deliver a lesson, reviewing lesson plans, or looking at student performance data, you can identify where that teacher is effective and what s/he needs to do to improve.
- Lead a thriving team. One of your greatest responsibilities and privileges will be to manage and develop TNTP’s amazing people.
What We Offer
- Deep understanding of effective teaching practices
- A strong education background and instructional skill set with at least three years K-12 teaching experience (required), preferably in a high-need school
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Previous experience designing and leading teacher professional development (required), preferably in a virtual environment
- Strong familiarity and experience with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) required
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify flexible, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
- Strong creative instincts to develop new approaches, programs or initiatives with limited guidance and historical precedent
- Strong staff management experience (preferred)
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders and across organizations
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan effective on the first day of employment. We pay 100% of employee-only medical coverage and subsidize the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work each day.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
We review applications on a rolling basis – so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible. We will not consider applications without a cover letter tailored to this position, which can be addressed to the Human Capital department. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. At TNTP, we know that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply to this position.
Hiring process: http://tntp.org/join/hiring-process
The New Teacher Project - 12 months ago
TNTP’s Teaching Fellows programs transform talented people into great teachers for disadvantaged students. Operating in more than a...