ORC International has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Director in our Caravan Practice located in Princeton, New Jersey. CARAVAN®, from ORC International, offers economical, quick-turnaround consumer research combined with professional guidance and a dedication to quality. The longest running consumer omnibus in the nation, CARAVAN® is ideal for collecting brand and advertising awareness data as well as usage and attitudinal data. In this position the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to partner with the Practice Director to develop possible new offerings as well as act a project manager for ad hoc projects.
• Key participant in the day to day tasks involved in delivering the CARAVAN Suite of Omnibus studies, as well as function as project manager for occasional ad hoc projects. Specific responsibilities include liaison with project operations staff; review of data tabulations/data files; CATI and web program testing; tab plans/banner plan setup; develop questionnaires and report writing in fast paced CARAVAN Omnibus Research Practice.(About 75-80% of time/effort).
• Under the supervision of the Practice Director and Associate Director, develop and pilot possible new product offerings (such as social media tracking) and new client deliverables. (About 20-25% of time/effort)
The position involves moderate to substantial client contact and may or may not involve supervision of others
• Develop questionnaires by working with both the CARAVAN staff and the client.
• Test survey programs on CATI and Web data collection systems.*
• Develop tab plans and banners for omnibus studies and ad hoc projects.
• Check tables and data files for completeness and accuracy utilizing excel and SPSS.
• Work directly with clients where appropriate to ascertain study goals, deliverables, reporting needs, etc.
• Produce written reports and Power point decks*
• Manage ad hoc projects to ensure timely and accurate completion of project/program, including refinement of study design and adherence to project budget
• Working with Practice Director and Associate Director to develop and launch new product offerings, with the initial efforts centered around social media research and alternate delivery modes
• Train staff members, as needed.
• Perform other designated tasks as required
• Bachelors degree
• Relevant experience in Market Research (4-8 years), with experience in omnibus survey research or comparable environment preferred.
• Excellent writing, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Prior experience in survey research design, with an emphasis on questionnaire writing
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment
• Ability to direct and supervise all elements of project management
• Leadership capabilities
• Capable of handling difficult client situations in a tactful and professional manner.
• Proficiency with MS Office --Word, Excel and PowerPoint required, along with a familiarity with SPSS
• Ability to think creatively in the context of meeting client needs
Additional Comments: ORC International offers an attractive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits. At ORC International, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally.
We hope you make the decision to join us by sending your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to us at https://careers-orc.icims.com
ORC International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V.
Quirk's - 22 months ago
ORC International is a global provider of customized research and analysis designed to help companies make more informed decisions on...