Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
What you'll do:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Leads the electrical engineering function in the Project Engineering department.
· Manages project electrical engineering staff including personnel functions, adherence to department electrical design standards, project assignments, quality and quantity of work and relationships with plant personnel.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining project electrical engineering standards for power and control architectures, programming, lighting, hardware selection, electrical installation, checkout and startup procedures, bid packages and drawings and other documentation.
· Consults with engineering and manufacturing personnel to assure the use of appropriate and consistent technologies.
· Conducts all of his/her work with communication and coordination involving appropriate engineering and manufacturing organizations.
· Manages the use of outside electrical engineering resources including need, selection, and adherence to department electrical design standards, project assignments, quality and quantity of work.
· Originates and reviews electrical bid packages/RFQ’s done by others for completeness, accuracy and adherence to department electrical standards.
· Originates and/or reviews cost estimates done by others for the electrical portions of project work.
· Originates, solicits, investigates, and suggests improvements to electrical equipment, systems, and processes for the purpose of increased production, reduced cost, or improved maintainability.
· Maintains knowledge of technology improvements in electrical engineering, communicates their existence to the engineering and manufacturing areas, and proposes/coordinates implementation or evaluation of such innovations.
· Responsible for providing technical support to plants, licensees, joint ventures, and customers. Participates hands-on in troubleshooting investigations and corrective action of electrical-related problems using hand tools and test equipment.
· Responsible for preparing designs, PLC programs, bills of materials, spare parts lists, and specifications and overseeing the preparation of drawings for the installation or modification of control systems, power distribution, and lighting.
· Prepares electrical check-out procedures and participates in check-out and acceptance of equipment and systems.
· Participates in audits and upgrades and recommends improvements to controls and processes.
· Works with on-site electrical contractors and supplies technical assistance in the installation, check-out, and start-up of control, power distribution, and support and service systems.
· Prepares cost estimates for electrical control and power distribution systems, to include both hardware and software.
· Manages the scope, cost, and schedule of the electrical portions of projects working closely with project managers.
· Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for her/his area of responsibility.
· Maintains an awareness and complies with all environmental management requirements and safety rules and regulations.
What you'll need:
· Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through college level education or work related experience.
· Job related experience for 4 years minimum.
· Functional/Technical Skills. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Ability to perform mathematical calculations. Ability to functionally use a computer and manage databases.
· Must be able to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
· Ability to work independently within parameters set by management. Most assignments are self-initiated. Determines and pursues course of action necessary to obtain desired results.
· Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
· Requires approximately 40% short-term and long-term domestic and international travel .
Relocation for this position is Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.