GDS Associates, Inc
., a nationwide multi-service engineering and consulting firm specializing in the energy utilities industry, is looking for professionals who are ready for the challenging, demanding, and rewarding work in the area of power supply planning. GDS has a significant and growing practice in the power supply planning area representing utility clients in the procurement, planning, and management of power supply resources. The growth in this area has created some exciting career opportunities for professionals looking for advancement and growth potential.
Job Description Summary:
- Manage and facilitate development of power supply resource strategies for multiple clients, incorporating existing and future regulatory/legislative actions, generation technology alternatives, and power supply diversity objectives
- Develop and issue solicitations for power supply resources, coordinate with RFP respondents, and review RFP proposals to identify key issues for use in preparing evaluations
- Manage and coordinate internal support staff for economic feasibility studies of long-term and short-term power supply alternatives
- Manage issues associated with RTO/Day 2 markets
- Prepare and assist with negotiations on behalf of clients for existing and future power supply resources
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of market power analyses, including development of assumptions and inputs for modeling purposes
- Prepare and supervise financial planning models and operating budget projections, including alternative scenario analyses and sensitivity studies
- Assist clients with day-to-day power supply management activities and addressing contractual legal/accounting issues with power suppliers on behalf of client
- Prepare and supervise necessary regulatory/legislative filings as required on behalf of client
- Assist clients legal and accounting counsel in due diligence work and in addressing specific legal and accounting issues with various contracts
Experience and Skills:
- MUST have 5 years utility experience; consulting experience strongly preferred
- RFP proposal preparation and solicitation, financial planning/modeling, and contract administration.
- Electric and transmission systems, including operations, maintenance, financial planning, utility revenue requirements, etc.
- Power supply resource solicitation, evaluation, and feasibility analyses concepts
- Wholesale power markets, RTO markets, federal/state restructuring activities, and regulatory/legislative issues in the electrical industry
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in engineering, business, or economics
- Masters degree in business, finance, marketing, or operations management preferred.
GDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Management and coordination of resources
- Ability to lead and facilitate group meetings
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Writing, reviewing, and editing highly detailed studies/reports
- Effective oral/written communication skills
- Ability to perform and review and critique pro forma financial/feasibility analyses
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
Number of Openings:
Years of Experience:
5 - 7 Years
Level of Education:
Starting Date :
GDS Associates, Inc. - 9 months ago