PURPOSE OF POSITION:|
Designs electrical control panels for packaged equipment including selection and sourcing of control components such as PLC's, relays, operators, power supplies, disconnects, starters, switches, meters, transmitters etc. Supervises the production of electrical design documents. Develops, loads, and tests HMI and PLC programs.
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally.
Skills and Experience
- Reviews customer electrical and instrumentation specifications and drawings to determine how best to integrate with standard C'TREAT designs and manufacturing practices. Works with Sales to assist in the technical selling of systems by providing cost estimates and specification exceptions
- Provides electrical control designs and component selection and sourcing for projects managed by other Project Engineers. Assists in the factory testing of all systems including verification of control functionality.
- Reviews system manufacturing contracts for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Acts as liaison between C'TREAT and the customer and between Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that customer requirements are met throughout the contract period for assigned projects.
- Coordinates activities concerned with scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget. Supervises the inspection and testing of systems and customer sign-offs for assigned projects.
- Prepares interim and completion project drawings, documents and reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field of science; plus a minimum 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the electrical design of control panels for classified areas (IEC and NEMA). Familiarity with IEC and NEMA motors to 75 HP.
Position Duties will utilize the following skills:
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
Proficient in developing and achieving project schedules; developing and obtaining approvals for system designs; communicating with customers, vendors, and C'treat department heads; invoicing and collections for monies due; use of ERP systems and processes; and other functions performed by Project Engineers who support the Oil & Gas Industry.
Electrical : Proficient in reading and preparing electrical diagrams; experienced in PLC programming (highly desirable); experienced with designing and troubleshooting AC and DC systems (440V, 220V, 110V, 28V); and electrical/electronic instrumentation and control systems.
MECHANICAL SKILLS :
Proficient in processes, technologies and sciences associated with skid-mounted, modular systems; materials selection; center of gravity calculations; fluid flow; pumps, valves; piping; corrosion; paint, water quality; and other topics associated with offshore oil & gas portable water systems.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to read and understand electrical drawings/diagrams, and specifications.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
ITT Corporation - 2 years ago
ITT Corporation (ITT), is a global multi-industry company engaged directly and through its subsidiaries in the designing, manufacturing and...