PAC-12 Enterprises is seeking an experienced Project Engineer to lead the maintenance of existing systems and oversee design and implementation of specific projects for the television, business, telephony, IPTV, and storage systems serving the PAC-12 Network Center and external production and distribution systems. This role reports to the Manager - Systems and involves working closely with System Integrators, Services Providers; and PAC-12 Engineering, Production, and Operations personnel.
- Design and prepare technical documentation for Broadcast, IT, Storage, Field Production, AV, Voice, IPTV and other technical systems.
- Prepare budgets for and track actual costs during the implementation of projects.
- Supervise PAC-12 employees in the installation, commissioning and operations training of systems.
- Project manage the work of outside Systems Integrators.
- Participate in a hands-on role in systems implementation.
- Execute projects as the project manager or as lead engineer as appropriate. Coordinate multiple project teams to reach goals.
- Manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and complete on schedule and budget.
- Perform engineering design evaluations and cost analysis.
- Participate in failure analysis with other technical experts; recommend revisions in processes and systems where necessary to improve system performance.
- Participate in both organized and self-driven training experiences as needed to maintain knowledge of current technologies. Participate in professional seminars, symposia, and meetings.
- Work semi-autonomously with minimal supervision self-managing work schedules as necessary to accomplish goals. Coordinate work and responsibilities with coworkers.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Associates degree in Electronic Technology, Communication Technology, Recording Technology or other related field, or equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum of four years of professional experience in television systems design and implementation or related field.
- Deep understanding of broadcast equipment technologies, including analog, digital and IT based systems.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Familiarity with industry best practices in technical installation including ANSI/TIA-568-B.
- Competence in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project computer software applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced on-time deliverable environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Some travel required.
- Experience working in a television station, network, or post production environment. Hands-on experience with live broadcast production in studio and remote settings.
- Factory training on broadcast equipment.
- Understanding of Video/Audio compression technologies.
- Experience with transport of Video over IP on LAN and WAN infrastructures.
Pac-12 Enterprises - 15 months ago