Garver’s Transportation Design Center , an integrated team with proficiency and focus in delivering bridge and structural projects, has a Design Engineer opening. This position will join our in-house engineers, designers, and technicians to provide technical expertise in all areas required to successfully deliver sound solutions and quality design.
This Design Engineer will perform basic design tasks as well as assist on other tasks such as; design of bridge components and other transportation related structures, detailing for plan production, quantity calculation, report preparation, and site inspection. This position will also be responsible for assigning tasks to and coordinating with technicians or administrative staff. As experience is acquired, responsibilities will lead into project management opportunities.
The Tulsa team enjoys a family-friendly, flexible environment; we’re proud to have been recognized by the Tulsa World as a “ Best Place to Work ”.
· Bachelors degree in civil engineering from an ABET program
· EIT registration
· Strong communication skills
· Strong working knowledge of MS Office
· Experience in planning and design for bridges
· Design and detailing experience with pre-stressed concrete, reinforced concrete, and structural steel
· Familiarity with the American Association of Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Bridge Design Specifications is desired
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience with MicroStation, InRoads, and structural analysis and design software is desired
Garver - 9 months ago
Garver is a multi-disciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm committed to quality practices, progressive methods,...