Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America according to
magazine. Koch companies are Transforming Daily Life™ with innovations that create better food, clothing, shelter, transportation, hygiene products and other everyday items. Koch businesses have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 60,000 people worldwide. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested more than $45 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures. Koch’s diverse businesses share a Market-Based Management® philosophy that empowers each team member to share ideas, challenge the status quo and explore new opportunities for advancement.
- Focus on projects related to design, construction, maintenance, reliability, and integrity of facilities.
- Ensure projects are executed in a legal, safe, and environmentally-responsible manner
- Monitor systems to measure and control project progress against schedule and cost
- Maintain active communication interfaces with project team for progress, commitments and change management.
- Provide cost estimates and planning while also identifying project risk through utilization of project management tools.
- Become familiar with performance measurement and maintenance requirements of equipment as well as learning about plant applications and requirements for power equipment.
- Support of the design and implementation of capital projects, and root cause failure analysis of operating problems.
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering, by June 2013.
Required Physical Abilities:
· Must be able to climb ladders (+100 ft.), stairways, vessels, towers, and pipe racks, many involving considerable heights.
· Stooping, bending, crawling, pushing, pulling, squatting
· Lifting requirements up to 50 pounds
· Exposure to environmental conditions (frequently walking in and outdoors) with exposure to extreme warm and cold temperatures
· Requires the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, DOT drug screen
WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and EDUCATION PREFERRED
· Previous engineering internship or coop preferred
· 3.0 cumulative GPA
This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
The following Koch companies have positions available:
Flint Hills Resources
Available locations include:
Joliet and Peru
IL, Fairbank, Menlo, Shell Rock and Iowa Falls, IA, Marysville, MI, Rosemount, MN, Fairmont, NE, Corpus Christi and Port Arthur, Texas and North Pole, AK
Flint Hills Resources
is an independent refining, chemicals and biofuels company employing over 4000 people. We have an excellent track record of creating value for our customers which has allowed us to expand our operations through capital projects and acquisitions worth more than $7 billion since 2002.
Our refineries produce fuels that power much of Texas, the Midwest and the Alaska interior. Our ethanol and biodiesel plants produce fuels that are used across the United States. Our petrochemicals are used to manufacture goods such as plastics, building products and packaging materials. Our asphalt is used in communities across the Midwest and Alaska. The base oils we market are the principle raw material used to produce premium motor oil, commercial lubricants and sealants and coatings.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Koch Industries, Inc.
New College Graduate
Koch Industries, Inc. - 11 months ago
Koch (pronounced "coke") Industries is the real thing, one of the largest (if not the largest) private companies in the US....