Support Powertrain/Engine Program leaders for given Engine platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans, conducts and manages overall Powertrain/Engine project assignments. Reviews progress and evaluates results relative to quality, timing and costs.
2. Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function.
3. Utilize the Polaris product development process.
4. Establishes project costs, part costs and tool costs and monitors the costs throughout the project.
5. Coordinates development, testing, design, and validation efforts to ensure Powertrain/Engine project objectives are met per schedule.
6. Participates in design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
7. Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
8. Represents the company at engineering/legal standards conformance meetings; prepares record searches, depositions, site and vehicle examination reports.
9. Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. B.S. in Engineering required.
2. 3 years minimum previous experience in consumer product engineering and or project management preferred.
3. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
4. Creative and innovative.
5. Decisive and prone to action.
6. Quality and customer focused.
7. Excellent presentation skills.
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...