· Review and understand customer technical specifications relating to valves, piping, instruments, pumps, tanks and vessels.
· Document Preparation and Closure - Co-ordinate initial document submissions, customer comments, timely resubmission and closure to approved status.
· Support correspondence with customer via project manager.
· Attend customer meetings as required.
· Release inquiries and obtain quotes for equipment.
· Release purchase requisitions for equipment and insure all specifications are included and covered within the PO for all equipment.
· Internal Communication and ability to help problem solve and come up with solutions with basic, mechanical and electrical departments: Mechanical & electrical design, shop, vendors, purchasing, etc.
· Track project status and materials required for project, assembly, and shipping in SAP.
· Preparation of packing slips & other project related shipment documents.
· Travel visits to vendors, customer as and when required.
· Work autonomously without constant guidance.
· Some overnight travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Able to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
· Should be able to read P&ID diagrams.
· Able to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers and maintain positive attitude and good organizational skills.
· Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks or projects with attention to details.
· Able to use computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and MS Office software at high level of proficiency.
· Ability to use SAP is an advantage.
· Able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
· Experience in project related industry with technical buying/selling or execution of project preferred.
· Writing specification of engineering equipment.
· Attention to detail, and good written communication skills.
Aquatech International - 19 months ago