McCarthy representatives will be attending the ASC Region 6 and 7 Student Competition in Reno, Nevada February 7th-9th, 2013. If you are attending that event, submit your résumé for consideration. We will be conducting a limited number of onsite interviews.
At McCarthy, the Project Engineer is an integral part of our project management team. You will assist the on-site Project Manager and Superintendent in the overall management of the construction of the project. Specific duties will vary based on the size and schedule fo the project, but the overall job is to work in conjunction with other Field Staff to ensure quality and timeliness of project construction and completion.
Project Engineers are valued members of our team, and the majority of our senior staff began their careers at McCarthy building complex projects as Project Engineers out of school.
Only those students attending the ASC Reno competition should apply to this role. Other candidates interested in Project Engineer roles should review mccarthy.com/careers for appropriate openings.
- General Contract and Subcontract administration
- Construction Scheduling
- Material & Equipment – procurement and expediting
- Mechanical, electrical and piping systems coordination
- Shop drawing and submittal review and coordination
- Project cost review, reporting, updating and accounting
- Review of subcontractor applications for payment
- Participation in and documentation of project coordination meetings
- Supervision and coordination of subcontractors’ field installations
- Review and negotiate change proposal pricing from subcontractors
- Prepare change proposal pricing for self-performed work
- Change order documentation and associated cost reporting and maintenance
- Research and suggest options on construction means, methods and equipment
- Maintenance of As-Built plans
- Quality control - field and shop
- Monitor and document jobsite safety and accident prevention
- Project Closeout
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work