The University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
Behind every patient success story - before every clinical breakthrough - stands the unparalleled team of professionals at New York's #1 Hospital.With leading specialists in every field of medicine, the advances pioneered at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (NYP) have improved the lives of people everywhere. Uniting the power of two renowned medical centers – NYP/Columbia University Medical Center and NYP/Weill Cornell Medical Center - we deliver the highest level of inpatient, ambulatory and preventative care.Be one of the people who make it possible.
Responsibilities - Weill
Support the IT Manager of Project Delivery Group in all aspects of project management including project methodology processes, tools, and documentation throughout the project lifecycle as aligned to the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Planning, tracking and managing the activities of the project teams to achieve goals, objectives and milestones associated with all assigned projects.
- Facilitates workshop sessions to create WBS, define milestones and manage risk throughout project life cycle and makes contingency plans to manage issues that pose risk to budget, timely delivery or functionality and project scope.
- Responsible for keeping stakeholders, or collaborators updated through project status reports and ensuring flow of communication between groups.
- Provides overall administration function to the Project Delivery team including document management, distribution and data repository for all projects ensuring project documents are properly archived upon project closure.
- Estimates resources needed and work effort for all project activities and negotiates with resource managers to ensure that resources are assigned to achieve project goals.
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Knowledge normally acquired by a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and minimum 3 years of hands-on IT project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision and can work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented, with an eye for detail
- Experience with current IT technologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, Project - basic HTML is a plusThe official title of this position is Project Leader - IS.
- 2 years ago - save job