Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
When you enter a finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual, you'll find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you'll find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
In this role, you will prepare or oversee critical and complex financial and/or operational reports and analysis in accordance with accounting principles. You will perform complex financial analysis utilizing moderate to advanced technical accounting knowledge and provide guidance and/or solutions on the most complex accounting issues. You will independently provide accounting, finance services, and technical expertise in support of internal and external customers. Your analysis will involve researching exceptions/variances, and identifying and resolving issues as they arise. You will also present your findings/recommendations to members of the management team.
- Prepares and reviews complex standard and ad hoc reports (monthly, quarterly and annual book close; which includes account reconciliations, control checks, manual journal entries, preparation of financial statements, and/or third party reporting ) utilizing a moderate to advanced knowledge of accounting principles. Presents findings/recommendations to Management.
- Responsible for complex accounting and financial analysis. Prepares reports efficiently and effectively utilizing advanced technical accounting knowledge. Ensures appropriate use of historical information and current trends. Understands regulatory environment. Identifies, recommends and executes resolutions to issues as they arise.
- Collaborate with various departments (e.g., Claims, Sales, and Underwriting) to explain SBU's results. Candidate must then be able to present results to Senior Management in a clear and succinct manner.
- Responsible for following enterprise risk management and compliance procedures. Follows risk management and quality compliance processes to include quality control compliance (i.e. OFAC, attestation). Follows safeguards to protect company assets and ensure compliance with Corporate and Company procedures.
- Leads projects of moderate to high scope and complexity. Communicates project opportunities and constraints to Management while monitoring project status. May also actively participate in cross-functional project of moderate to complex scope.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining efficient, cost effective, processes, controls and data management; including how departments interact.
- Hires, coaches, develops and motivates direct reports. Provides feedback, training, guidance and development to Accountants and other cross functional professionals. Provides training opportunities. Evaluates performance and provides feedback for growth improvements. Defines individual objectives and development plans, and ensures alignment with project and unit objectives. Recruits, interviews and recommends hiring new employees.
- Bachelor's degree (Finance or Accounting preferred) or equivalent experience. Advance degree or CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of financial related experience is preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounting knowledge/skills is required.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and decision-making abilities.
- Experience initiating and leading projects, and ability to work with senior managers and key stakeholders in SBU/Corporate Departments.
- Hyperion Essbase knowledge preferred.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Long-term care insurance
Liberty Mutual - 18 months ago
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and...