PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. PPG is committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG). For more information, visit
Successful candidate will:
- Plan, conduct and direct the research to develop innovative profitable new coatings products for industrial HDE markets
- Organize project goals, set milestones and deliver results against aggressive timelines. Coordinate related activities including synthesis, regulatory evaluation and application
- Develop and test new ideas directed at improving coatings properties to add value through improved performance, ability to meet regulatory requirements, reduced cost or improved efficiency in manufacturing or application
- Network with other scientist and engineers across R&D and manufacturing to develop products that can transition quickly from the lab to commercial scale
- Interact with product management and marketing to propose new projects targeted at traditional Industrial coatings markets and at adjacent markets to provide growth opportunities for the business
- Maintain a clear and up to date understanding of the technical literature and the competitive intellectual property
- Comply with all requirements for laboratory quality and safety certification
Experience and Education
A PhD in field such as Chemistry, Polymer Science, Coatings Science, or Chemical Engineering is preferred. Travel within US and globally is up to 20% of the time.
Functional and Technical Skills
Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently or as a part of a team. Experience with experimental design (DOE), formulation, problem solving is desired. An understanding of chemical manufacturing as it relates to resin polymers or coatings is desirable.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
PPG Industries - 9 months ago
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance...