Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
Responsible for the full execution of Fixed Price and Times & Materials project in compliance with the content of the offer, in particular on performances, schedlues, quality and costs. Individual works with the Customer Business Development personnel during the bid phase and leads the Project Team during project executuion. Assures project is being performed according to approved policies and procedures and is the major interface with the customer throughout project execution.
Projects will be related to nuclear plant process monitoring/control systems.
At bid stage, coordinates all actions necessary to deliver to the bid manager: a technical offer, a proposal of contract with customer and partners (if any), a cost, a schedule, a risk analysis and a project organization.
- During project execution, responsible for profit, quality, schedule.
- Launches the project with the customer
- Launches the project internally, in particular:
- Defines a Project Management Plan
- Builds the project team with the appropriate skills, in relation with the resource
- Shares the project conditions within the team: scope of work, resource needs to
accomplish the SOW, schedule, specific deliverables, budget.
- Manages the contracts.
- Manages the change order opportunities and the claims
- Monitors the progress in all activities, including partners, on costs, resources,
schedule, risks and opportunities.
- Leads the team and makes or agree on major decisions in coordination with the
Business Unit Manager
- Reports to Management according to approved policies and procedures
- Travels as required to attend meetings with clients, partners, and others.
- BS or MS degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- PM3 / PMBox certification (or equivalent education)
- Minimum of 7 years of nuclear project management experience, ideally on digital
- Have successfully managed one or more large fixed price computer projects
through to completion.
- Have successfully used project Managment techniques and tools (SAP and PS7
knowledge a plus)
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and managing complex projects.
- Have negotiated project scope changes, schedule issues, interface issues, etc.
- Have a understanding of nuclear I&C processes.
- Knowledge of Nuclear Power Plant Process Computers and real-time computer
systems a plus
- Strong verbal and written skills
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...