Title: Project Manager/Business and Process Analyst
Reports to: VP, Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Project Manager/Business and Process Analyst is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. Building and managing project teams, reporting to the Project Sponsor, and ensuring quality control throughout project life cycles are central to this position. Additionally, the successful candidate will analyze business and back office processes as part of assigned projects and recommend improvements to productivity, effectiveness and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage project development from initiation to closure.
- Be accountable for project results along with project sponsor.
- Work with project sponsor and key stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timelines.
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task.
- Develop project action plans outlining tasks, responsible parties, and deadlines to ensure project delivery within defined timeframes.
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Act as a mediator between stakeholders and team members.
- Identify potential issues and solve problems throughout project life cycle.
- Effectively manage project scope and/or timeline by ensuring any changes in these areas are documented and approved.
- Analyze external and internal costs and provide a recommendation to the VP of Technology and project sponsor if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete project plan. If required, recruit and manage appropriate staffing resources with project sponsor and business area owners.
- Track, monitor, and report on project milestones and periodically provide status reports to sponsor and key stakeholders.
- Lead, coach, and motivate project team members on a proactive basis.
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine project successes and areas for improvement.
- Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution.
- Safely end or hibernate unsuccessful or re-prioritized projects as directed.
- Ensure all project documents are safely archived following project completion.
- Assist in development of new or enhancements to existing products/services.
- Develop an understanding of Credit Union history, philosophy, organization, policies and operational procedures.
- On a self-directed basis, continue to improve individual level of competency through training and certification on established educational programs.
- Work closely with clients and the business to identify and analyze core business processes and workflows with the focus on reducing redundant work, establishing efficiency and increasing productivity.
- Simulate and test process improvements where appropriate.
- Facilitate workshops with subject matter experts.
- Document processes and their related work flows.
- Identify issues and risks.
- Assist in other areas as directed by Credit Union management.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or a related field, or equivalent combination of training and work experience is required.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in industrial engineering or comparable practical experience is desired.
- Knowledge of Credit Union lending and collections programs, policies and procedures is an asset.
- Experience facilitating workshops and focus groups
- Experience developing business requirements
- Experience developing instructional and procedural documentation and presentations
- 3-5 years’ work experience in project and/or marketing management and/or process analysis.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst, on large and complex projects.
- PMI Certification is a major asset.
- Familiarity with project management tools and/or software packages. Experience with Microsoft Project or similar tool a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership managing people and resources.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments.
- Strong skills in Process Mapping and Business Process Reengineering
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyze business processes and workflows.
- High level of competence with MS Office and MS Visio.
Kemba offers an excellent mortgage program! We do more than just process your application. Our Mortgage Loan Specialist is here to guide you...