Project Manager/Meeting and Events Planner
IA-West Des Moines
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision-and design every product and service-with our customers in mind. If it s not good for our customers, then it's not good for Wells Fargo.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people- those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We believe everyone on our team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they contribute to our success.
The CLG team includes our home mortgage, home equity, consumer credit card, personal loans and lines, direct auto, dealer services and commercial auto, retail services and education financial services businesses.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage Team: Supports the nation s leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
This job is responsible for leading and managing activities associated with event projects that are typically longer-term, multiple-department or organizational entity-wide and moderate in risk, scope and complexity.
Consults with business partners to clarify and define project requirements and objectives; insures project aligns to overall company and business strategy. Evaluates project effectiveness and future improvement opportunities.
Develops and implements complex project and communication plans and budgets, identifies problems and focuses on bringing issues to resolution and ensures development of contingency plans and arrangements.
Interacts with mid to senior level management and delivers presentations to on project goals and plans, including progress reports.
Responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors. Establishes and maintains ongoing vendor relationships to ensure they are cost-effective and deliver quality service.
Responsible for project message management including: the development of key messages to drive sales and services goals and post event activities. Ensures adherence to company strategy and initiatives, corporate brand and language standards, and business writing practices and collaborates with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy and compliance.
Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting deadlines, managing expenses within budget, providing excellent customer service to sponsors and participants and meeting and exceeding project objectives.
Specific duties include:
*****Position required to be located in Des Moines Home Office
- Plans, manages and executes all logistical aspects of internal and external major/enterprise level, multi-day meetings, events and trainings.
- Researches site locations and conducts site visits/inspections to insure suitability and capability of vendors.
- Prepares requests for vendor bids and reviews bids for competitiveness; negotiates site and service contracts for facilities, transportation, lodging, food, entertainment, events and related activities;
- Develops and manages project budgets. - Creates and reviews speaker presentations and scripts, communications, video production, collateral/handout materials, and other delivery mechanisms.
- Works with multiple business units to insure compliance and business strategy alignment.
*****Travel required: 50-75%
5+ years project management experience.
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- 5+ years hotel and contract experience
- Strong negotiation/influence skills
- Polished verbal/oral communication skills; ability to develop scripts, presentation and communications
- Ability to learn the business and apply to event management industry.
- Experience with large scale audio/vision productions.
- Detail oriented with strong time management skills.
- Ability to manage high volumes of work and complex projects at the same time.
- Must be a self-starter who can operate successfully independently and with a team
- Must be technology savvy and have ability to quickly learn systems support event projects including budget management tools, web registration and customer tracking tools.
- Complex project budget management experience.
- Ability to lead internal and external team to results.
- 5+ convention management experience.
- Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Experience working with planning and execution of educational training events.
Wells Fargo - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...