Kelton is a rapidly growing boutique insights firm with a leadership team made up of seasoned communication, marketing and research professionals who come from varied backgrounds; thus there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up environment where training is very “hands on” and an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other. We are looking for a qualitative research associate who is interested in learning how to do superior research and consulting while working with some of the best in the industry.
In this role, we need the candidate to be naturally curious and have a passion for understanding human behavior. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse workload for some of the nation’s best-known brands in various industries. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment, as is the ability to handle the workload and stress implicit in our business. The ideal candidate has very strong PowerPoint skills. Applicants should have a college degree and one to three years of relevant project management experience within a market research capacity, although candidates with relevant internship experience are encouraged to apply. Opportunities are available in both Kelton’s New York and Los Angeles offices.
- Project management responsibilities are threefold. Candidate must be able to (with support and guidance), effectively manage the following:
- 1. Being the first point of contact for clients on projects
- 2. Maintaining organization and timelines among the internal team (with the ability and desire to learn how to manage both “up” and “down”)
- 3. Relationships with vendor partners (along with the Field Manager)
- Conduct background research for projects; succinctly summarize large amounts of secondary research
- Work effectively with the Recruiting Manager to prepare for qualitative research projects including screener development, recruitment monitoring, and other logistics
- Serve as the main point of contact for the facility the day of research, ensuring moderator and backroom is prepared and organized
- Able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and adjust on the fly
- Take comprehensive meeting, focus group, and field work notes that are distributed to the internal team immediately and consistently “client ready”
- With direction and a framework from senior researchers, ability to analyze and own and complete certain sections of report/discussion guide with minimal changes
- With methodological input from senior researchers, able to put together proposals that depending on complexity are 70 – 90% client ready
- Effectively able to project manage and serve as the client contact projects
- Proactively identify issues and suggests solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly
- With direction and support, able to effectively analyze qualitative research data
- Basic understanding of quantitative research; able to guide the transition/serve as the link from qual to quant
- Clear and appropriate written and spoken communication internally and with clients
- Exhibits clear ownership and personal responsibility with all projects and tasks assigned
- Ability to manage interns, video freelancers, and freelance moderators
- Demonstrates value and “owns” certain parts of every project assigned and considered an asset by senior project team members
- As he/she grows in the position, candidate can look forward to more strategic client contact, an increased role in business development and proposal writing/methodology creation and will either grow into a role as research moderator OR account/client management
- Travel approximately 25% -40% of the time
About Kelton Research
- Interest in working on both qualitative and quantitative research projects.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and ability to create slides/graphs/charts that convey key research findings in compelling ways.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing/communication skills.
- Strong organizational/logistics skills.
- Quick learner.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it.
- Ability to independently solve problems.
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Excellent Excel skills; knowledge of pivot tables and creating charts or ability/willingness to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience, social science/research background is preferred, experience in event planning is an asset. Candidates with relevant internship experience are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and an eye for design a plus, but not required
Kelton has become the nation’s fastest growing research driven consultancy through the skill and work ethic of its researchers and analysts, the strength of its diverse consultants, and the profoundly different approach we take to market research. Our clients come to us not just for our ability to effectively execute a research project, but because of our ability to field research and deliver recommendations that fundamentally alter their business strategies and impact their bottom line for the better. While we have specialized services that attract clients, our true specialty is our staff – a different caliber and mindset of individuals than is found at most major research firms. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume and cover letter via email to
with “Project Manager/Research Associate” in the subject line.
Kelton Research - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard