Consumer Reports tests all kinds of consumer products so you don’t have to. Completely independent of corporate influence – we take no advertising or freebies – we tell you how a product will really perform when you use it. When better information isn’t enough to get you good value, we advocate for laws and standards that encourage competition, and we organize consumers to advocate for themselves. We are nonprofit, supported by donations and by the individuals who pay for our ratings products (Consumer Reports Magazine, Consumer Reports Online, ShopSmart and more). We are driven by our mission. We’ve been around since the 1930s and will be around as long as people need a reliable antidote to misleading advertising and a strong counterbalance to the power of corporations.
Come do some good for consumers by building state of the art scalable and robust web applications that are consumer centric. CR is charging forward into the Digital age and is hiring for multiple Project Manager's/Scrum Master's to join our Information Technology department to lead the project management efforts in the development of CR's Digital Products. Primarily responsible for overall management of assigned projects, including coordination across departments/divisions, status monitoring and reporting, and stability of projects.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Project management/ Scrum Master certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required
- Experience in Lean/ Agile product development methodologies.
- 7 – 10 years of IT work experience including 4 or more years of managing projects.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
Communication Skills – Demonstrates ability to speak, write and present information in a clear, concise and compelling manner that is tailored to a particular audience. Demonstrates strong active listening skills.
Decision Making – Demonstrates ability to conduct analysis and make informed, educated decisions reflecting the needs of the organization; renders appropriate judgments and actions. Able to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Interpersonal – Strong ability to forge solid working relationships with colleagues across the organization. Desire and commitment to establish a partnering and trusting relationship with internal and external people.
Planning and Organizing – Demonstrates ability to develop effective short and long-range courses of actions for meeting goals; anticipates obstacles to goal attainment and identifies necessary activities and resources to accomplish goals. Demonstrates ability to be flexible to new opportunities, to think ahead, monitor own progress and make adjustments when necessary
Teamwork – Encourages participation and collaboration of team to solve issues that will benefit the organization and their customers. Fosters commitment to team projects and values the contributions of team members to the overall team’s success. Actively works to mitigate conflicts and resistance within the team.
Time Management – Demonstrates ability to accomplish tasks by established deadlines; demonstrates discipline in using time management tools and techniques. Able to use time efficiently despite competing demands and priorities.
Normal Physical demands associated with working in an office environment and prolonged computer usage. Able to travel.
- Responsible for overall management of assigned projects, including coordination across departments/divisions, status monitoring and reporting, and stability of projects.
- Establishes and implements project management/agile processes and methodologies.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Accountable for development of budgets and overall spending for all projects under management.
- Assembles project plans, iterations and teamwork assignments, identifies resource needs, and escalates functional, quality and timeliness issues.
- Determines IT personnel needs for projects, assigns and monitors project work and provides input into performance appraisals for all staff on assigned projects.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the organization that impact project scope, budget, risk and resources of work effort being managed.
- Assists other members of management to identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Manages one of more cross functional projects of medium to high complexity.
- Oversees the work of project management staff; schedules and monitors work; authority to approve or deny time off for assigned staff based on project schedules and demands; may coordinate with functional manager to enable appropriate vacation usage/schedule.
ConsumerReports.org - 7 months ago