Our Las Vegas office is currently seeking an engineer with experience managing and executing work involving utility infrastructure projects for the water industry (water and wastewater). Candidate will utilize consulting expertise to manage and execute work on projects and to help ensure successful client relationships. Position could include a role in helping the Las Vegas team pursue business development opportunities. This person will also work closely with strong technical experts and other leaders in the Las Vegas office and West Region.
- Manage and execute work on wastewater and water utilities including: comprehensive planning and infrastructure conveyance and design projects
- Lead project team in planning and/or designing a major engineering project and coordinate special planning, economic, and engineering studies
- Provide consultation in specialized areas (wastewater/water conveyance, master planning, wet weather), make decisions and solve problems
- Prepare and make presentations to clients for professional meetings
- Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Utilize internal project management tools and resources.
- Participate in improving company resources and tools to improve design production and efficiency
- Direct the work of drafters and designers, coordinate with other disciplines
- Supervise, delegate and oversee the work of technical staff and engineers.
- Participate in BC’s QA/QC process.
- Assist with business development pursuits
- B.S. degree in related engineering field (Civil, Environmental etc.)
- M.S. degree in related engineering field with a focus on wastewater and water long term control planning and conveyance preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively increasing responsibility
- PE in Nevada
- Strong project management skills
- Successful marketing, proposal writing, proposal management, and public presentations experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and written report preparation
- Previous supervisory or mentoring experience a plus