The Project Manager is responsible for minimizing the risk, time and resources associated with the development and commercialization of products. The Project Manager leads cross-functional teams in the planning, scheduling and controlling of project deliverables.
- Document clear project objectives and scope in enough detail that the project team can complete its work.
- Form cross-functional teams of the right people to minimize risk and rework.
- Develop project schedules with teams and identify the critical path of the work required to accomplish the project objectives.
- Maintain key metrics on Project Management scoreboards.
- Monitor progress and lead corrective action when there is a deviation from the schedule.
- Expedite communication among team members and stakeholders.
- Prepare, conduct, organize, and lead project meetings via Webinars, GoToMeetings, and conference calls.
- Shepherd new product ideas and continual improvement ideas through the Idea Bank & Innovation process.
- Archive project documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from four year college or university with 2-4 years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous project management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of windows and millwork.
- Intermediate to expert level of Microsoft Office suite.
- Previous experience conducting trainings and presentations.
JELD-WEN, inc - 9 months ago