Responsible for the overall management of the project life cycle including all coordination activities including contract negotiations and execution through final invoicing and project post construction activities. The project management activities also include providing information and ongoing communication to team members, as the project warrants.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage contract administration activities including owner contract negotiation and execution, as required, and subcontractor /supplier contract initiation and contract knowledge. Responsible for other contract-related activities including providing direction regarding project scope, resolving contract issues and revisions, and serving as the contact for customers, owners, and subcontractors.
2. Prepare and maintain the Job Cost breakdown/Budget, associated job billings and schedule of values. Duties also include job invoice approval and job collection activities. The Project Manager is also responsible for ensuring the job-specific records are maintained a nd current.
3. Generate and issue Subcontracts and Purchase Orders to subs/suppliers and ensure that signed copies are filed.
4. Generate and maintain schedules and provide input to the Work Status Report schedules.
5. Keep apprised of safety-related issues and job site safety policy adherence and quality.
6. Assist the Estimator in the preparation, negotiation, submission, and tracking of required project Change Orders in response to customer requests and/or changing business needs. In addition, identify and procure long lead items, as the project requires.
7. Generate and Process contract-related transactions including Change Orders and Proposed Change orders to suppliers, subcontractors and owners. Duties to include estimating changes.
8. Facilitate pre and post construction meetings and manage closeout activities such as O&M manual generation, inspections, punch lists, permits, certificate of Occupancy, and archiving of project files. In addition, complete, as appropriate, a project post-mort to determine the root cause of job loss/accidents and job successes. Safety related topics are included in the post job analysis.
9. Generate and process Submittals, RFI, Transmittals, and obtain Certificate of Insurance, as the project requires. Maintain current document logs.
10. Maintain/monitor customer relations including project/progress meetings, site visits, and project related correspondence.
11. Prepare for and attend company and project-related meetings.
12. Work with Business Development Manager to secure projects.
13. Maintain/monitor customer relations including project/progress meetings, site visits and project related correspondence.
14. Schedule site visits to assess project progress, customer satisfaction, and schedule status.
15. Assist with preparation of closeout documentation including as-builts, O&M’s and warranties. Duties also include ensuring the completion of the review/approval and distribution process.
16. Generate, update and maintain project schedule
Education and Experience:
Minimum 3 – 5 years Project Manager experience in the construction industry or equivalent education (college or vocational school courses) in the construction or engineering field
Minimum 3 – 5 years construction trade experience, or equivalent
Ability to generate and modify progress schedules
Intimate knowledge of job costing/budgeting
Ability to read and understand specifications and plans
Thorough knowledge of arithmetic and the decimal system
Knowledge of construction methods and local permit practices
“Common sense” construction practice knowledge
Ability to multi-task (multiple projects simultaneously)
Ability to represent and market M.J. Boyle General Contractor, Inc. in a professional manner
Excellent interpersonal skills
Basic knowledge of accounting principles
Basic estimating capability for change order generation
Monster - 19 months ago