Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa with nearly 400 employees, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories.
We are looking for the ideal candidate who has hands on controls project management experience for our Des Moines, Iowa location.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- As a member of Baker Group, the Controls Mechanical Project Manager will report directly to the Building Automation Systems Business Unit Leader, and is accountable for actively managing and administering projects in a manner that compliments all facets of the project from design to owner training, plus related work as required. The Project manager will also maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers.
Education and Experience:
- Develop solutions for customers utilizing internal estimating software and standard product selections. Review with Baker Group team members solutions prior to submitting to customer.
- Act as the account manager or single point of contact with customer during project execution.
- Attend scheduling meetings with operations manager – assist with scheduling field labor.
- Attend project meetings internal and external – provide communication written and verbal regarding information requests, proposal requests, coordination, submittal reviews, etc.
- Initiate turnover meetings to engineering and field discussing project scope, safety, timelines, etc.
- Procure subcontracts as required for installation – utilize procurement documented format when obtaining multiple bids.
- Utilize company standard documents for business development, pre-proposal checklists, turnovers, subcontracts, purchase orders, warranty, etc.
- Manage the project to ensure financial success of the project.
- Continue developing relationships with existing customers and pursue opportunities which provide long-term customer relationships and revenue opportunities.
- Educate customers on Baker Group capabilities not only in the building automation business but also cross selling capabilities for revenue opportunities within other business units.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management.
- A minimum of three (3) years of project management experience, controls, HVAC or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment.
- Experience using Project Management Tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
EOE/AA. Drug screen and background check required.
Baker Group is the Midwest's leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems. For over 50 years we have been the contractor of...