Project Manager – Correspondent Clearing Services
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) has a presence in 80 countries with nearly 200,000 employees,
including more than 150,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking,
Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic
markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in
consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean
basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United
States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also
enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing
businesses in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Securities Services:
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, delivering flexibility and commitment, backed by the strength of a leading universal bank. Operating across the investment cycle, we provide post-trade administration solutions to buy-side and sell-side financial institutions and issuers. The Bank has a local presence across 32 countries and global coverage of over 100 markets, offering a one-stop shop for all asset classes, both onshore and offshore, across the globe. With USD 6,975 billion of assets under custody, USD 1,244 billion assets under administration and more than 6,600 funds administered as at 30 June 2011, BNP Paribas Securities Services is a top five global provider of securities services*.
* Source: BNP Paribas securities Services Globalcustody.net competitors' AuC tables.
The person in this role will be responsible for providing both project and management support within the clearing and custody services (CCS) business line in the US.
· Assume responsibility for specific projects associated with the core clearing operations to assist with the growth of developing US Correspondent Clearing Services.
· Acquire a comprehensive understanding of the US clearing and custody environment in order to contribute to the overall management and direction of the CCS team.
· Assist with ongoing review and enhancements of internal controls as required by the US industry and regulators, BNPPSC NY, BNP Paribas NY bank and BP2S.
· Development and implementation of new products to the location that currently exist within Securities Services.
· Develop in coordination with CCS Management macro planning
· Contribute to the specifications based upon users requirements and migration protocols
· Formalize test plans: UATs, Dress Rehersal, results and action plans
· Organize and chair Working Groups, Steering Committees and formalize minutes dedicated to Projects.
· Participate on any management support activity (analysis of business, of workflows, of statistics…)
· Support the CCS local management in negotiating with and managing Third Party providers/vendors to the benefit of CCS activity.
· Setting and controlling IT operational and development expenditures within budget in conjunction with local management
· Partner with clients to ensure expectations are understood and met through the structured service delivery process.
· Communicate to all project stakeholders the status of strategic projects, ensure proper escalation and resolution of critical issue are addressed in a timely manner.
· Build an effective working relationship with key providers.
· Encourage a sense of teamwork to enhance effectiveness and satisfaction
· Motivate and inspire people.
· Enable others by empowering individuals to act.
· Effectively lead the department through the change process.
· Ensure development of service standards and associated measurement.
· Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree considered a plus.
· Minimum 8-10 years of financial services industry experience
· Minimum of 4 years of project management experience.
· Strong familiarity with US securities
· Demonstrated command of the SDLC methodology is required.
· Ability to work across all organizational divisions and with vendor partners.
· Prior experience creating requirements documents, functional specifications, process flow diagrams and procedures.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of applications including Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and MS Project.
· Effectively manage multiple priorities
· Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills are required.
· Basic understanding in the areas of application, database and system design
· French language skills not required, but considered a plus
ORGANIZATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
BGL BNP PARIBAS - 30+ days ago