As a Senior Project Manager (PM) in Informatics & Analytics, you will be part of a world-class team of professionals in our Information Services group who partner with colleagues across the Spectrum Health organization to oversee highly visible projects, manage change, and drive innovation. Your work will help to improve the lives of millions of people – our members, patients, and families across Michigan.
Instead of managing projects in organizational silos, you will be working cross-functionally in our Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO), which manages enterprise-wide initiatives as a holistic portfolio. This model allows us to take a lean approach to strategic decision-making that affects every corner of the organization. Our EPMO is a fast-moving, collaborative, and inclusive environment with tremendous growth opportunities, both for your professional development and your career at Spectrum Health. We value creativity, change, and healthy skepticism about the status quo.
In general, you’ll be responsible for:
• overseeing a variety of interesting and challenging projects in the informatics, analytics, and business intelligence areas on both the insurance side (Priority Health) and the provider side (Spectrum Health Hospital Group and Medical Group);
• bringing together technical and business project team members, assigning responsibilities, and coordinating their work;
• developing all project documentation (including requirements, scope, and schedules), managing budgets, and communicating with stakeholders;
• adhering to our existing Project Management Methodology and quality standards; and
• ensuring project success at every level.
What Makes You a Great Fit
The most successful PMs are:
• exceptional communicators;
• comfortable with fast change and a fair amount of uncertainty;
• innovators who strive for continuous improvement;
• fun to work with, love being challenged, and always want to learn new things;
• unnaturally excited about acronyms, abbreviations, and initialisms;
• able to grasp technical concepts required to understand overall project scope and communicate effectively with technical team members;
• eager to develop and expand knowledge of the healthcare industry;
• skilled at navigating cross-functional teams and projects;
• effective at managing the integration of vendor tasks and deliverables;
• qualified to work at the highest levels in all phases of project leadership; and
• excellent at motivating team members and providing guidance, direction, and training.
What We’re Looking For
• Seven (7) or more years of experience in a technical, IT-related function, including five (5) years leading all phases of several technology projects simultaneously
• Two (2) or more years of experience in analytics, business intelligence, data warehousing, and other informatics concepts
• Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functional areas
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent education and experience) in healthcare management, project management, business, computer science, information systems, or a related field
• Experience in the healthcare industry, ideally as a leader of technology projects
• Experience leading a team of eight or more (8+) colleagues from different functional areas
• Experience and/or familiarity with lean and agile methodologies
• Master's degree
• PMP certification, training, or equivalent experience
• Experience with technology contract negotiation and vendor management
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids