Operations keeps the lights on, strategy provides a light at the end of the tunnel, but project management is the train engine that moves the organization forward. - Joy Gumz
In this role, the Project Manager will take on the role of "Traffic Controller" / workflow manager for the recognition department working on internal workflow. This person will be responsible for managing the master project schedule for three Sr. Project Managers and other team members. You will take the tasks and create workflow processes by delegating and ensuring task completion. You will define and select workflow, create timelines that align with business strategy. The ideal candidates will have experience working in content management systems (not building but in using), managing web development projects or ecommerce projects.
- Create technical requirements and document them for the team's guidance tracking what people are working on.
- Prioritize competing requests andrun optimization scenerios.
- Mmaximize resource utilization to manage capacity - manage everyday work, ad-hoc projects, and tactical details of execution, while ensuring alignment with business priorities.
- View all demand, prioritize, delegate, and govern accordingly, accurately measuring utilization and make objective decisions to align with business goals.
- Work onword processing and spreadsheet applications, and also project management systems(Microsoft Project).
- Utilizevarious programming languages and coding for the purpose of resolving complicated project barriers.
- Mine and aggregate data to understand risk and align long-term planning and short-term execution needs.
- Attend to the client's technical and business requirements in the project.
- Execute tasks as per the requirements of the project and client andthoroughly understand the full life-cycle of a project and its requirements.
- Translate technical requirement soclients understand all the technical and complex aspects of projects in a simple manner.
- Lead the development of project plans and monitor work progress on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with department heads, project personnel, contractors and external vendors to ensure that work activities conform to business requirements and industry standards.
- Manage key deliverables; setting and meeting deadlines, coordinating launches, and facilitating communication between teams.
- Troubleshoot errors and beta testing
- Take responsibility for problems which includes proper routing, escalating and incident handling.
Edication and Experience
- Bachelorsdegree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or related degree or relevant work experience.
- Project Managment professional designation desired.
- Experience in Microsoft Project
- 2-5 years of solidPM experience; preferably project management in eCommerce, Web Development, or experience working in Content Management Systems
- Proficient in Excel and relational databases (knowledge of SQL Server highly desired)
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to analyze complex situations and solve difficult problems.
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Advanced to Expert Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Able to uncover hidden objections or concerns that staff members may be reluctant to share.
- Able to adapt to unexpected setbacks and have a game plan for when things go wrong.
- Comprehensive understanding of common business management skills
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly variable environment
- Self-starter, self-directed
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Needs to have ability to work with 3rd Party vendor- troubleshooting issues.
ATTENTION 3rd Party Recruiters:
Business Impact Group (BiG) does not accept solicitations from third party recruiters. Unsolicited resumes sent through our Applicant Traciking System (ATS) or directly shall become property of Business Impact Group and no fee will be paid. Thank you!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
BIG Jobs - 19 months ago