Akima Facilities Management, LLC has demonstrated, reliable performance in base operations, engineering support, and research facility operations and maintenance. The company also holds contracts for communications support, training support, and range maintenance.
• Responsible for overall management and administration of a large, multidiscipline workforce performing US Army Logistics functions, including Supply, Transportation and Materiel Maintenance.
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Effectively establishes procedures, applies methodology and enforces project standards.
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately. Project Accounting
• Manages project budget.
• Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
• Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
• Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization. Financial Management
• Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
• Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
• Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
• Assures project legal documents are completed and signed. Business Development
• Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
• Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and LOE assessments.
• Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status meetings with project team.
• Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news. • Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
• Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each Innovator's career interests.
• Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
• Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
Project Manager Teamwork
• Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
• Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
• Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
• Plans and facilitates regular team activities outside of the office.
• Manages day-to-day client interaction.
• Sets and manages client expectations.
• Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives. Innovator Development
• Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience through formal channels.
• Helps team execute career development plans.
• Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by us.
• Trains other innovators and clients through both formal and informal training programs.
• Encourages more junior Innovators to take responsibility for their development within the company.
• Challenges fellow Innovators to progress toward their professional development goals.
• Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Leads internal teams/task forces
• Approves team members' time and expense reports in a conscientious and timely manner.
• Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
• Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
• Effectively monitors and manages subcontractor performance
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of 10 years general experience in Department of Defense (preferably US Army) management and operation. Requires a good basis or general knowledge of the principles of organization, management, administration, budgeting and financial management.
• 5 years specialized experience in operating administrative or managerial activities covering logistics functions directly related to military industrial operations, including Supply (shipping, receiving, packing and crating, warehouse management, distribution, HAZMAT handling, disposal, etc), Transportation (fleet management and operation, military travel office operations, shuttle bus operations and management), and Materiel Maintenance (vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair, vehicle and equipment transport, electronics maintenance, weapons repair).
• Ability to gain cooperation, coordinate the work of others, and build a cohesive team.
• Skill in written and oral presentations.
• Capability to adjust work operations to meet emergency or changing program or production requirements within available resources and with minimum sacrifice to quantity and quality of work. • Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals and assess progress.
• Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and develop timely and economical solutions.
• A SECRET security clearance is required.
• Bachelor degree required. Engineering, logistics or business discipline preferred. It is the policy of Akima to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age gender, sexual preference, physical or mental disability, or military service in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Do you need assistance?
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Teresa Wilson, Recruiter, email@example.com, (571) 323-5014. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
For us to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance.
Program & Project Management
Akima Facilities Management, LLC
NANA Development Corporation - 23 months ago