This role will be responsible of the optimal planning and execution of any digital program of work across the region.
The role has the responsibility for engaging with the countries to gather and understand all business requirements relevant to a project. The role will be the main liaison between the business and the development group [both CoE or offshore] and play the key role in ensuring that the project is managed and requirements are specified and delivered correctly and in a timely manner.
Through strong analytical & project management skills and a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs the role will be responsible for the preparation of Business Requirements specification, application and operational requirements documentation combined with managing the project lifecycle from the local country perspective. This will include challenging business users on their assumptions and plans in order to ensure the quality of delivery is maintained and meets the business requirements.
The role will be required to engage in multiple workstream activity simultaneously and, through excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills, have the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts working both independently and under direction of project managers across the region.
The role will be required to support the development of workarounds, testing phases and implementation; this may include investigation and resolution of issues and use of a sound understanding of project management and an understanding of Insurance Businesses and Underwriting.
Interfaces with the Digital CoE member, eBT, eBusiness and other third parties (Tridion, eBao)
This roll will report to the Americas Center of Excellence Director.
Skills and experience required:
- Serving as a point of contact that assists in driving completion of program deliverables.
- Providing guidance and assistance in establishing a governance framework built around milestones, monitoring adherence to programs of work and addresses/mitigates/escalates program risks/issues.
- Driving solutions by eliminating obstacles through ongoing effective communication and alignment.
- Providing expertise and advice to ensure projects reflect consistency with operations strategy; provide value via tangible, measurable cost benefits and come within budget.
- Working with the key country and regional estate holder and other divisions writing, preparing reviewing and presenting Business Requirements documents, (Business Requirements Documents)
- Demonstrating proficiency with the PMO tool to track and report progress against work-plan, budget and key deadlines.
- Ensuring timely production of deliverables.
- Communicating and disseminating information between stakeholders to facilitate issue-resolution and provide updates.
- Conducting gap analysis, including assessment of risk, and risk mitigation plans; Report to management on key project metrics.
- Building and leveraging cross-functional, organizational geographical relationships to facilitate clear/consistent messages amongst teams, subject matter experts, sponsors and key stakeholders.
Chartis is a world leading property-casualty and general insurance organization serving more than 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. With a 90-year history, one of the industry's most extensive ranges of products and services, deep claims expertise and excellent financial strength, Chartis enables its commercial and personal insurance clients alike to manage virtually any risk with confidence. For additional information, please visit our website at http://www.Chartisinsurance.com. At Chartis we support and encourage a diverse work environment. EOE.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Superior project and large-scale program management, communication and presentation skills. Must be proficient in MS Office suite (specifically in MS Project Excel, Word, Power Pont and Visio).
- Proven Project Management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance, financial services or consulting experience.
- Experience of performing a BA role for Web based applications.
- Extensive experience of full life cycle projects.
- Experience of working with Commercial underwriting i.e. property, Casualty through to Personal Lines i.e. Household/Motor systems
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple goals.
- Ability to educate and influence business partners as to the business benefits of identified initiatives.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), teamwork/teambuilding, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work with ambiguous project definitions, to function in unstructured work situations, and drive structure into such situations.
- Fluent English and Spanish SpeakerAbout Chartis