The Water Division of ARCADIS is searching for a
Project Manager - Collection Systems and Buried Infrastructure
, with 8 or more years’ experience, to work out of our Laurel, MD office.
Primary focus for this position will be to work on various sewer collection systems engineering, inspection, evaluation, cleaning, and design projects, to also include conceptual design, materials selection, development of design reports, construction documents and specifications, as well as construction oversight and administration work. Projects can include both urban and suburban sewer collection systems including; interceptors, trunk lines, mains, service laterals, pump stations, collection basins, and manholes within the Maryland & DC Metro area. This position requires a highly motivated individual with a successful history of handling multiple buried infrastructure projects simultaneously.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This position requires an engineer with a passion for and expertise in collection systems engineering activities.
- Successful applicant will have a work history and/or career path focused on sewer replacement and rehabilitation projects, with demonstrated experience managing work on projects both small and large in size.
- Replacement projects would involve; alignment and hydraulic evaluations, conceptual design, and material selection, all the way through detailed construction design, including preparation of plans, specifications, and front end documents.
- Rehabilitation projects would involve; infrastructure evaluations, selection of trenchless repair methods including; CIPP, slip lining, various tunneling methods, HDD, and large pipe rehabilitation.
- Project Management and/or Task Management experience is required and should include developing project scopes and budgets, interacting with and maintenance of clients, supervising and development of staff, development of project plans and schedules, and maintaining project controls
- Applicant must have experience with evaluating repair and rehabilitation alternatives, as well as extensive experience with AutoCAD and GIS software’s, to oversee work and perform design tasks themselves when required.
- Ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously, typically between 4 to 6 projects at a time, is a requirement.
- Applicant must have strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual must possess the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges, and concepts.
- Applicant must be able to oversee and mentor junior staff to produce reports, drawings, specifications, bid packages, and cost estimates for projects.
- Ensure project compliance with all ARCADIS practices and quality and safety standards.
- Facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects.
- Applicant must possess excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports.
Minimum Years of Experience
8 or more years’ experience
Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Experience with sewer replacement infrastructure evaluations and trenchless rehabilitation design and construction administration / oversight as a Task Manager or Project Manager, on a variety of projects, from small to larger in size.
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD and GIS.
- Strong team leadership experience; including managing staff expectations, prioritization of tasks, and mentoring.
- Project delivery experience with budgeting, schedule monitoring, client management, and project controls.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 12 to 15 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Master's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Current PE License in DC, VA or MD.
- Strong Client Management skills including; preparation and development of proposals and client relationship building.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project or Primavera scheduling software.
- Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations is huge plus.
Arcadis is a design and consulting firm focused on natural and built assets - from shopping centers in Shanghai or clean water in...