The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of completing the development of new telecommunications networks in one or more locations. Responsibilities include supervising/managing the estimating, design, engineering, scheduling and construction implementation of multiple network infrastructure deployment projects.
Education and Experience
- Responsible for defining a comprehensive plan for large, complex, highly technical projects that cover the following: phased delivery plan; resource requirements; project costs, project schedule; risk assessment and mitigation; opex and capital budget requirements; team structure and accountability matrix; project governance and reporting.
- Responsible for leading the end-to-end solution deployment. This covers everything from the network architecture, process and system solutions, construction methodologies, material selection, acquisition and handling, field installation activities, project acceptance activities, training requirements, operational hand-over activities, etc.
- Responsible for in-scope, on schedule, on budget delivery. He/She must establish the appropriate project/team structure, reporting and metrics to measure and monitor performance against plan. The project manager is also responsible for reporting regular status updates to customers, senior executives and key strategic stake holders.
- Responsible for effectively leading a cross-functional team in the planning and execution of large, complex, highly technical projects. The team may include company employees from various departments as well as outside contractors and engineering firms. The project manager must establish and drive clear accountability for all team members and create an environment that enables high performance from the team.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience: 5+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Must possess a strong technically oriented background with direct experience managing large-scale construction projects (telecommunications construction highly preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to lead and positively motivate cross-functional teams of engineers, construction managers, contractors and consulting employees to successful completion of such projects.
- Experience in strategic customer relationship management
- Strong general business acumen
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and written/verbal communication skills
- Proven creative problem solver
- Proven results in building strong peer level relationships - coordination and alignment with the managers who will ultimately operate the network is considered imperative to overall success of these projects.
- Business process design experience a plus
- Strong computer skills with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project as well as a variety of mapping programs.
- Positive and professional attitude, appearance and demeanor.
- Familiarity with construction practices and methods in the project locations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally required to stand; walk; to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee may be occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee-owner may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Climb ladders, enter crawl spaces, exertion of force, manipulation of hand and/or foot controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, the position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others. Required to possess a valid driver's license. Working Conditions: Work is occasionally performed in building settings. Outdoor work is required in the inspection of buried cable, construction sites, field facilities. Performance of the position requires working safely and may require working outdoors in all weather conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Government Security Required: No
Frequent travel may be required - such travel may entail driving short or long distances, or traveling by air or rail.
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (Level 3) is engaged in the communications business. The Company is a facilities based provider of a range of...