The Information and Communications Systems department is currently looking for a Project Manager in the IT Foundations Portfolio with a passion for technology and continual team improvement while delivering projects on-time and under budget. We are looking for candidates who are problem solvers at heart, enjoy working with customers and management, and enjoy taking initiative to resolve issues.
The Project Manager will coordinate and manage the development and implementation timelines and deliverables for technology projects including Service Catalog, PCI Compliance, and Asset Management that will improve the work of and increase productivity of Church employees, service missionaries, Area Authorities, and General Authorities across languages, countries, and cultures.
This is a contingent role and is expected to last 1 year and is eligible for a 1 year renewal based on performance, need, and budget.
Does this sound like you?
I recognize that change is messy and I can navigate people through it.
I do the right thing, even when it means I have to take risks and put myself out there.
I am thought of as being a top performer, but also teachable and reasonable.
I don’t rely on a title to be a leader.
I like to be a part of projects, solutions, and resources that produce results.
I take action and overcome obstacles to ensure I meet customer expectations and project requirements.
I have a love for the Lord and His Church and want to build His kingdom in His way.
I have a desire to use my talents to increase and expedite the work of the Church through technology.
If this sounds like you, keep reading:
Position-Specific Preferred Qualifications
- Must be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, currently temple worthy.
- Bachelor's degree. Graduate degrees and advanced certifications valuable.
- 5+ years in Technical Project Management or Technology Management experience in global IT organization desirable.
- Broad industry experience with global IT perspective.
- Understanding of industry best practices for Project Management.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Good facilitator and instructor, capable of producing quality documentation, good customer relationship skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex details into coherent communications.
- Ability to lead business managers and project teams to consensus.
- Must have strong interpersonal and influence skills to work with others.
- Must be goal oriented, action-focused, pragmatic, and self-disciplined.
- Must support and reinforce organizational culture, business objectives, and management/portfolio strategy throughout all work activities
- Must align to and follow standard processes to assure quality and consistency of work product
- Must demonstrate use of project management methodologies, experience with JIRA a plus.
- Experience with ITIL and ITSM desirable.
- Must have experience writing shared, measurable, challenging, and achievable goals
- Must have experience with projects that require expertise and input across a number of stakeholders
- Must demonstrate project planning, organizing, communication, team motivation, and delegation skills.
- Confidence in presenting and developing ideas and propose alternatives. Desire to constantly seek and offer constructive feedback.
- Must interact with and collaborate with team members on solving organizational issues with process improvements and/or IT solutions.
- Work collaboratively to determine project plans, roles and responsibilities, and shared ownership
- Ensure IT risks (including security, privacy, compliance, business continuity, etc) are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a self-directed manner contributing to a high performing team.
The Project Manager will coordinate and manage project plans for the Optimize & Protect Assets Team, including:
The Project Manager is responsible for seeing the project from initiation to delivery. Some Product Management responsibilities will also be required to increase awareness of these services and engage with stakeholders for continual improvement.
- Service Catalog illustrating services offered to Church and Area offices globally
- PCI Compliance which entails credit card due diligence impacting Church merchants including Deseret Industries, Distribution, Temple Clothing rental, Philanthropies, etc,
- Asset Management to reduce risk, improve the customer experience, increase the efficiency of customers and assets, save money, and increase the breadth and quality of asset data and reports to help the Church manage their hardware and software assets, and
- ITF Planning
This role works on problems of diverse scope and interfaces with a variety of product managers, engineers, customers and other stakeholders. Timely delivery of the product within the specified scope and budget while coordinating and resolving the technical issues and assisting with business-related issues will be key to success.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/How to Apply
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Apply at http://ldschurch.jobs. Click on the "Advanced Search" link and enter the job reference id in the "Job Opening ID" field after signing in.
LDS Church - 13 months ago
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist church that...