The Project Manager is responsible for providing project management support for designated East Florida Division initiatives in line with the mission, vision, and goals of HCA. This includes the creation and maintenance of project plans and other project control processes in compliance with project control minimum standards, including the production of routine and ad-hoc Division project and program status reports and management of project deliverables. The Project Manager complies with Division and corporate policy and procedures, efficiently managing activities and resources, and integrates the department services into the Division's overall plan for the delivery of care and service.
The Project Manager interfaces with hospital based stakeholders, identifying and remedying issues through continuous customer satisfaction data and involvement.
- Designs project plans to achieve long- and short-range business goals and objectives, for the Division and designated hospitals in each Key Results Area: Quality, Satisfaction, Growth, Finance and People.
- Develops detailed project plans and monitors project schedules using a Project Management Information System, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Excel.
- Keeps management advised on project progress, potential conflicts or challenges.
- Provides technical training on project management software and established project controls to Division and hospital leadership teams.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with project team leaders at the facility and Division levels
- Supports exit reviews with project teams to review project success and areas requiring improvement for future projects and services.
- Proactively ensures that Division project controls are followed for assigned projects
- Upholds quality assurance systems to assure projects and programs meet all auditing expectations
- Facilitates the utilization of project implementation documentation including implementation toolkits, and migration schedules
- Maintains strategic documents such as project Charters, Education and Communication plans, and detailed project plans
- Other projects as directed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or MHA preferred.
- Two years of hospital and/or multi-facility management experience in the healthcare industry required.
- 3-5 years project management experience developing project plans, preferably in financial services, hospital operations, clinical, supply chain, or information systems-oriented environments